Wife does not fall right asleep after sex?

For the past several years my wife says she has a hard time falling asleep after we make love. But it only happens at night. During the rare occasion we make love during the day she immediately gets sleepy. So the consequence to this is the frequency that we make love is lacking because I don't initiate cuz I'll feel guilty if I want to make love to her and she can't fall asleep til like 3 am and has to get up at 7 or 8 am with our son. We make love like 3 x a month which is the amount of times I wished we did it in a week. We have opportunities to make love during the day sometimes but she insist on keeping busy with things to do (that could wait an hour or so) or makes excuses for us not to seize the moment of being childless. Anyway just wondering if anyone has heard of ppl not being able to fall asleep right away after sex?

Update:

Believe me I get her off multiple times before I even consider my needs. I am not a selfish lover. But I think that is the problem. She gets ramped up and has a hard time shutting down. Kinda like ppl who workout right before bed time. Takes them a while.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

She sounds more like a nite owl.

I know this sounds kooky. But ... women tend to be insomniacs more than men. I don't recall the statistics but depending on how old she is, and of course the addition of children, women tend to want to nap during the day and are awake more at night.

A lot of women also take naps pretty much during lunch breaks or mid afternoon, sometimes at a desk, or sitting on a stool in a lab somewhere. I've read about this phenomena where it just happens to some not all.

Maybe your wife is like that. Sex at night is just something that entertains her. But she's a day-napper. Ha ha ... okay seriously.

The other thing is, some people get energetic after sex. Its like driving for hours at a time. You may be tired but then you're wired. You can't sleep, and you have to keep moving, even if you're exhausted.

Don't sweat it. Its just her rhythm

• 8 years ago

Go to bed earlier, set your alarm 45 minutes earlier in the morning and try making love in the morning instead for a few weeks and see how that works for you.

• 4 years ago

I answered this very question no longer long ago...But it surely was once the man that fell asleep...And i received clobbered seeing that I said that if it wasn't whatever that he made a addiction of doing...To let it go...It occurs repeatedly... I to find it alternatively amusing that when the quandary is reversed and it's the man that falls asleep....Females will beat him down on solutions.....However when the girl falls asleep..It is considering she is tired....

• 8 years ago

My friend tells me she always hits the bottle after sex - she says THAT is her REAL pleasure.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

So do it earlier I assume that it is the fact that it energizes her.

• 8 years ago

lmao....have you thought of making her *** before you are finished???

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

she obviously wants more...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.