Is my boyfriend not interested in me anymore?

I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for over a year, before he would always message me a lot and made me feel special. These days I always have to say I love you first before he replies with I love you too. I do text and call him a lot on viber, but that is just because I enjoy talking to him... show more I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for over a year, before he would always message me a lot and made me feel special. These days I always have to say I love you first before he replies with I love you too. I do text and call him a lot on viber, but that is just because I enjoy talking to him and hearing his voice. When we talk over the phone I'm all bubbly but he has that tone where he just doesn't seem interested and he never used to be like that. I just feel sad and I feel like I must be doing something wrong. Should I just start texting him less and paying him less attention? I just feel like I'm putting all the effort in...I make jokes and he doesn't even laugh when before he would laugh, even if it was not funny he would laugh sarcastically in a funny way to make us both laugh. That rarely happens anymore.

BTW we have met in person multiple times and he is soon to come over in a month for a long period of time.

Really need some guidance here, thank you for all those who help in advance :)
Update: I don't go to the extreme and call and text him every second, I just call and text him more than he does.