A car dealer told me I qualified for a lower interest rate if I bought an extended warranty for a used car.?

Is this a lie, or do banks really allow lower interest rates when a warranty is purchased? It seems like a sales tactic used to trap you into buying their warranty.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favourite answer

Call your county / state attorney generals office department of consumer affairs. What this shyster is doing is strictly forbidden under the consumer protection act and the fair lending laws. Report and stay far away from these weasels.

• sarah
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Just tell them you'll just take the 3.7% and you will do the deal in these days. Tell them that 3.7% is what's retaining you from doing the deal. And inform them to move ask their supervisor if the salesperson says no. It's a patrons market, don`t be afraid to come back after pronouncing no. And if the assurance isn't a in condo warranty. Do not purchase third social gathering expanded assurance!!!

• 9 years ago

The slightly lower rate will never out weight the price of the warranty so it is a rip off in the end especially if you never use the warranty!

• Mech
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

It's a lie. Tell him so. They can make your rate higher just to be pricks. It's not ethical however.

Are you buying from Ricart in Columbus?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kevin
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Thats BS

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.