Seniors - What to do? My email has been inundated with spam for the last week.?

What can I do about it? I'm getting ten or more everyday.

I also posted this on Yahoo Products - Email - Spam.

• greta

Just passing through DeeJay. Please do NOT click on ANYTHING in those emails. Especially their unsubscribe here links. That will just confirm for them that yours is a valid email. Yahoo mail now has a way to unsubscribe through them use that. I would hate to see you catch a virus or pick up a worm.

I think that Spam comes to all of us at some time or another.

I have had umpteen spam ads for Viagra and related products

from dodgy looking addresses over the past month.

I also get spam from people claiming to be from the USPS

asking me to pay for pre-paid labels. Why anyone in the UK

would be putting US postage on UK letters is beyond me !

I also get spam telling me that my booking for a hotel in Austin

Texas has been accepted.

It is all an attempt to get us to part with our bank details and

a scam. Spam is one of the worst aspects of Yahoo. It has a

very low spam setting. Just do not open them, though it is a

boring chore clicking away at the rubbish to trash it.

Yahoo is a very poorly organised system, but if we wish to be

on various forums we have to put up with it.

• M P A

I haven't opened anything which enters my spam box for years. I have at least 10 a day and I just click 'delete all' and they are gone. It's not much of a chore and I know that they are all geared to trying to get me to part with my money. The titles of them show that they are fake. Many just say "Hi" or "Urgent" or are stating "I need to claim money due to me".

Anything coming from an unfamiliar name or company should be viewed as suspect. Those who really know us will have other ways by which they can contact us. I'm glad that Yahoo are able to filter these to my spam box rather than my inbox.

surely you're joking.....most people get way more than 10 per day.

I did notice recently though that it must be Yahoo that's started something new because when I answer questions in YA then spam comes into my email box related to the question's subject matter that I asked or responded to.

• E. M

I don't remember having a day when no spam at all arrived at my computer. I usually have about 4 when I first put the computer on then, later in the day when I put it on again, there will be a few more. I delete them immediately. They are not genuine and just wish to part us from our hard earned money.

Don't respond to anyone of them, and at the bottom of these emails where it says "click here if you no longer want to receive emails" , don't ever click on that link, in some cases, that's a marketing ploy to see if the email address is good, and you will get 10 times more.

Best thing is if you don't recognize the sender, delete the email.

Me too. After years of no spam on Yahoo I am suddenly flooded with and don't know what to do either.

That happened to me, too, after I used my laptop at a wi-fi spot last week. All of a sudden, I started getting a lot of sh*t from Match.com and one other dating site. It was only in my main email account, not in my husband's main account nor either of my two "junk" accounts. I directed it all to spam and now it seems to have stopped coming. But, I've heard a lot of negative things about wi-fi and now I believe it!

• Judee

I receive a minimum of 4 everyday but it can be as many as a dozen. I never open them. The ones that make me laugh are the ones pretending to be from banks. We all know who we bank with so any emails from 'other banks' would be suspect anyway but banks don't use email as a means of contacting us because they know that these scams are rife so it would be pointless to contact us that way as they know most of us would never read their emails.

All you need do is click on 'clear all' and then 'delete'. They'll be gone in one second.

* If it is not a known company -- Don't open it, redirect it straight to the Spam or Bulk folder. Leave it in there so your computer will deal with it.

* If it is known compnaies trying to sell you something, open them and go down to the bottom. You should be able to "unsubscribe" from them.

Good luck !