is being a vegetarian bad for your health?

im decided to become a vegetarian and i would like to know if it can be bad for your health???

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best answer

Vegetarianism provides many health benefits as long as you're actually eating. If you just eat little salads all day, you probably won't feel too well.

And protein is in everything. There is NO such thing as protein deficiency. Kwashiorkor and Marasmus are both caloric deficiencies. As long as you're eating, you're getting enough protein. It is impossible to design a diet with sufficient calories and not enough protein.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No it is not unhealthy, I was a vegetarian for 2 years I started to eat meat again just because I wanted to. But my sister is 30 and has been vegetarian since she was 11 and she is very healthy.

Source(s): Vegetarian
  • Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Being a vegetarian is just like being a non-vegetarian: healthy if you have a balanced diet, unhealthy if you have a one-sided diet or eat lots of junk food.

• Frank
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

There are all kinds of vegetarians. All they have in common is that they don't eat meat. That's a starter, but why not go vegan. No meat, fish, eggs, milk or milk products like cheese, yogurt, milk choocolate, etc. If you just give up meat and eat all that other stuff, don't let your health insurance lapse.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Being a vegetarian isn't bad for your health because they're so many meat alternatives! But being a vegan on the other hand is, IMO, bad for your health.

• 8 years ago

I am a vegan and in very good health. I go to the gym everyday too. So it's not unhealthy in my experience.

Source(s): Being a vegan
  • jake
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

It's not bad for your health, so long as you supplement some protein and vitamins in your diet.

The human body can eat mean, and has eaten meat for a while, and it is not unnatural for a human body to be omnivorous. (Some anthropological studies nomad's teeth suggest we've been eating meat for 2.5 million years).

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Vegetarians need nutrients, minerals, and protein from meat that most plants cannot provide. The human body cannot properly function without meat.

Source(s): Health
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It can be if you dont get the proper nutrients your body need

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.