How will Johnny Depp do in a Wes Anderson film?

Please, let this cast come true. Johnny Depp, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Jude Law, Jeff Goldblum, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe and Angela Lansbury.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/07/breaking-wes-an...

Are any huge Anderson fans having trouble letting this sink in? Because I am....

Also, the plot of the movie is something like this, as described by Wes himself.

"In my next film, the main character, who's a bit crazy, has a personal medium [mind reader] whose assistant is a teenager. I'll give the roles to more well known actors than the kids [in 'Moonrise Kingdom']. I'm still attached to my favorite actors even if I still don't know who'll play the main role in my next film,"

• ĶŽ

He would be brilliant. Depp is a quirky man with a quirky sense of humor/aura about him, much like many of the other actors that Anderson usually manages to recruit for his films. Added to that, Depp is a generally great actor, and he's versatile enough to fit into most roles.

I think that he would fit in almost as if he's the missing puzzle piece (not to give him too much credit). The only problem is that, to me, one of the greatest parts of Wes Anderson's film making is that there isn't one actor that stands out above the others. Not that the other members of the cast are no names, but Depp is a big name, and his fame would definitely bring him front and center.

Still, I would love to see it. If that cast ends up being final, I really do think that it could be one of my favorite ever assembled.

I loved Moonrise Kingdom. I love all things Wes Anderson. I doubt there could be anything in the future that would discontinue that...and with that cast? It's destined for awesomeness.

really tough choice,I'm definitely looking forward to both. but since Depp is my favorite actor I have to go with The Grand Budapest Hotel. BQ: I don't think it will be released any earlier than 2014. they've just determined their lead actors. but maybe we can hope for an early 2014 release. BQ:sorry don't have an answer to that.

• Donny

Wow, great news. Glad Norton is sticking around and Brody is coming back. And of course the O-Dawg will be back and better than ever with the rest of them. And when it comes to Depp, I like it. I was skeptical of Bruce Willis in MK but he killed it. I'm less skeptical of Depp and confident in whatever Wes is thinking

• Well, Johnny Depp has been in quite a few eccentric and unique roles (which a lot of Wes's films have proven to have), so I think he'd fit in quite nicely actually. Willem Dafoe does seem a little out of place though :/ Or maybe the Lars von Trier movies have ruined him for me...

• RBT

I think he will fit well enough. he's done a wide range of roles and he's been good/great in most of them IMO. he will be perfect as an understated eccentric character(as opposed to Burton's over the top characters).

That could be a lot of fun, I think it would bring out an interesting side of Depp.

He's a versatile actor so I think he'll do well