Anxiety about my first MRI scan...?

I'm due to have my first MRI scan of the Thoracic Spine tomorrow. I have generalized anxiety disorder, and I'm on Valium for it. I will be taking 10mg of Valium 30 minutes before the scanning starts. This is the problem: In an MRI, they tell you to be still. Now, when I'm anxious, I get restless, and I move. Then, they say DO NOT move, it makes me more anxious, and the chances of me moving are even higher because of the anticipation.

3 Questions are of great importance to me here. Please answer them to the best of your knowledge and experience.

1.Valium is very mild. I do have a small supply of 1mg Ativan.

Should I take one of those instead or combine it WITH the Valium?

2.Can they strap you down with restraints so you can't move?

3.For a simple, basic MRI of the Thoracic Spine (T1-T12), with no IV or IM sedation, no dye, no contrast, how long will the procedure take?

I've been told minimum 20 minutes.

Any chance of it being done in under 20 minutes?

Thanks for your time.

I have so much bloody anxiety about this! lol

Don't scare yourself. MRIs are very safe. With your anxiety don't combine medications. They can strap you down but they won't do it unless you are hostile. If you become hostile they will just sedate you if it becomes that big of a problem. MRIs take at least 20min from my experience of having 3 (knee, head, and back). Just close your eyes when you get into the machine. They will give you some music to listen to to help. Its a simple procedure and nothing you need to worry about.