Anxiety about my first MRI scan...?

I'm due to have my first MRI scan of the Thoracic Spine tomorrow. I have generalized anxiety disorder, and I'm on Valium for it. I will be taking 10mg of Valium 30 minutes before the scanning starts. This is the problem: In an MRI, they tell you to be still. Now, when I'm anxious, I get restless, and I move. Then, they say DO NOT move, it makes me more anxious, and the chances of me moving are even higher because of the anticipation.

3 Questions are of great importance to me here. Please answer them to the best of your knowledge and experience.

1.Valium is very mild. I do have a small supply of 1mg Ativan.

Should I take one of those instead or combine it WITH the Valium?

2.Can they strap you down with restraints so you can't move?

3.For a simple, basic MRI of the Thoracic Spine (T1-T12), with no IV or IM sedation, no dye, no contrast, how long will the procedure take?

I've been told minimum 20 minutes.

Any chance of it being done in under 20 minutes?

Thanks for your time.

I have so much bloody anxiety about this! lol

The only one I can help you with is the first one. You should NEVER mix medication unless your doctor has told you too. (Going off topic, did you know that Valium is addictive? At some point you should really get off it... maybe try some cognitive behavioural therapy with a psychologist?)

Good luck! Breathe, and try to relax.

• Quato

it's just a scan, relax stupid.