who cares if chick-fil-a doesn't support gays?

I mean really? My aunt (one of my favorite people in the world) is gay.. I have a co-worker who is gay. I really don't care if chick-fil-a doesn't like it. That is their own personal business. That being said... they still have good freakin chicken nuggets, which I will still buy if I feel so inclined.

I really am tired of the whole anti-gay thing though... I mean you don't hear people freaking out about all the straight couples who live together out of wedlock... isn't that just as bad??

I am a Christian FYI... I just don't get all the unnecessary judgment.

Update:

@Rock... I'm not saying anything about it. I'm simply making a comparison. (i.e. it is also frowned upon in the Christian community). I myself lived with my husband before we were married.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I completely agree. I have nothing against gays whatsoever, but I do think people make too big of a deal out of these things. I went on vacation with a friend once, and we really wanted to stop at Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and her mother refused because they don't support gays. Really.

• Loner
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

well, chick-fil-a is the only fast food resturant to take off Sundays for religious purposes. and as i'm sure you know as a Christian, that we're not supposed to support gay marrige, because it's a sin if you lie with the same sex. i try not to get too invovled(i don't know why people are fretting so much over chick-fil-a anyways). but whenever it comes down to it, the Bible says it plain and simple, that being gay is wrong. i don't mean to offend anyone by any means, it's just there.

• 7 years ago

Who cares? Chick-fil-a is worse than kfc. Im just glad that they only have 1 restaraunt in the state I live.

• 7 years ago

people who probably care that chick-fil-a doesn't support gays:

1. your aunt

2. your co-worker

3. any other gay people

4. the city of Boston

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/chick-fil...

5. the Jim Henson Company

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/jim-henso...

6. anyone who supports gay people

7. if they are a publicly traded company, shareholders...( being anti-gay means gay people might not want to eat there. and they might try to convince others to also not eat there. less customers = less revenue. being openly anti-gay is just bad business. )

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It's Chick-fil-a's choice to not support the gay population.

It's my choice not to buy from Chick-fil-a.....and I don't now.

We all have choices and none of them are wrong.

Source(s): I'm Hetero.
  • 7 years ago

I gather this is about Boston telling them to stay away. Hmm. I did not realize this is what it was about. yes, I agree, who cares. Keep the politically correct thing to yourselves and let's live. I am very non-christian, straight male, by the way.

• DW
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

People wouldn't pay much attention is Chick-fil-A was merely not supporting gays. But they go beyond that.

They actively support anti-gay hate groups. That's why they're getting attention from activists against hate, who want you to know that your purchase funds that kind of activity.

• if the owners want to alienate customers by involving a business in politics, that's their choice.

personally, i boycott chic-fil-a because the food sucks.

• 7 years ago

What's a Chick-fil-a?? I keep hearing people talking about it.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

"you don't hear people freaking out about all the straight couples who live together out of wedlock"....

hmm, seems like I'm hearing about it right now. From you.

*no homo*

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.