who cares if chick-fil-a doesn't support gays?

I mean really? My aunt (one of my favorite people in the world) is gay.. I have a co-worker who is gay. I really don't care if chick-fil-a doesn't like it. That is their own personal business. That being said... they still have good freakin chicken nuggets, which I will still buy if I feel so inclined.

I really am tired of the whole anti-gay thing though... I mean you don't hear people freaking out about all the straight couples who live together out of wedlock... isn't that just as bad??

I am a Christian FYI... I just don't get all the unnecessary judgment.

@Rock... I'm not saying anything about it. I'm simply making a comparison. (i.e. it is also frowned upon in the Christian community). I myself lived with my husband before we were married.

Favorite Answer

I completely agree. I have nothing against gays whatsoever, but I do think people make too big of a deal out of these things. I went on vacation with a friend once, and we really wanted to stop at Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and her mother refused because they don't support gays. Really.

• Loner

well, chick-fil-a is the only fast food resturant to take off Sundays for religious purposes. and as i'm sure you know as a Christian, that we're not supposed to support gay marrige, because it's a sin if you lie with the same sex. i try not to get too invovled(i don't know why people are fretting so much over chick-fil-a anyways). but whenever it comes down to it, the Bible says it plain and simple, that being gay is wrong. i don't mean to offend anyone by any means, it's just there.

Who cares? Chick-fil-a is worse than kfc. Im just glad that they only have 1 restaraunt in the state I live.

people who probably care that chick-fil-a doesn't support gays:

1. your aunt

2. your co-worker

3. any other gay people

4. the city of Boston

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/chick-fil...

5. the Jim Henson Company

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/jim-henso...

6. anyone who supports gay people

7. if they are a publicly traded company, shareholders...( being anti-gay means gay people might not want to eat there. and they might try to convince others to also not eat there. less customers = less revenue. being openly anti-gay is just bad business. )

It's Chick-fil-a's choice to not support the gay population.

It's my choice not to buy from Chick-fil-a.....and I don't now.

We all have choices and none of them are wrong.

Source(s): I'm Hetero.

I gather this is about Boston telling them to stay away. Hmm. I did not realize this is what it was about. yes, I agree, who cares. Keep the politically correct thing to yourselves and let's live. I am very non-christian, straight male, by the way.

• DW

People wouldn't pay much attention is Chick-fil-A was merely not supporting gays. But they go beyond that.

They actively support anti-gay hate groups. That's why they're getting attention from activists against hate, who want you to know that your purchase funds that kind of activity.

• if the owners want to alienate customers by involving a business in politics, that's their choice.

personally, i boycott chic-fil-a because the food sucks.

What's a Chick-fil-a?? I keep hearing people talking about it.

"you don't hear people freaking out about all the straight couples who live together out of wedlock"....

hmm, seems like I'm hearing about it right now. From you.

*no homo*