Will the Chik-Fil-A revolution continue tomorrow?

Or, will tomorrow be a slow day, because everyone ate chicken the day before, lol?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Eventually the cons will forget about it, but those boycotting it will never go again.

Free speech is about Chik-Fil-A being able to say what they want AND about those who disagree being able to say what they want as well. Choosing not to spend your money at Chik-Fil-A is about not wanting your money to support this, and I figure more will stop going when they learn this:

1) Chick-fil-A has donated at least $5 million to organizations (including a certified hate group) that, among other things, depict gay people as pedophiles, want to make "gay behavior" illegal, and even say gay people should be "exported" out of America.

Even if you oppose same-sex marriage, do you really want to support a company that advocates putting gay people in jail, or "exporting" them, just because they're gay?

2) Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy didn't merely say he supports traditional marriage. Dan Cathy said if you support gay marriage, you "are inviting God's judgment on our nation," and that we "shake our fist at Him" when we do. Dan Cathy also said same-sex marriage is the result of a "deprived" mind and called it "twisted up kind of stuff."

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you really think gay marriage is "inviting God's judgment on our nation"? Haven't we all heard enough blame from those who claim to speak for the Lord, like after Katrina or, more recently, after the shooting in Aurora, Colo.?

3) Chick-fil-A supports organizations that have claimed they can change gay people into straight people -- "pray away the gay" -- despite the fact that practically every major medical organization has stated that this is not only impossible but dangerous and harmful.

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you support fake "science" that is known to harm the very people it claims to help?

4) The media keep saying Chick-fil-A has never discriminated, but the truth is that Chick-fil-A has been sued over a dozen times for employment discrimination. That's what a leading business publication, Forbes, stated in 2007, when they also called Chick-fil-A a "cult" and reported that Chick-fil-A's founder and CEO Truett Cathy said he wanted to hire married people because they are more industrious and productive. Truett Cathy has also said he would probably fire someone who "has been sinful or done something harmful to their family members."

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you want to support what some call a "cult" whose CEO says he would fire employees for "being sinful"?

5) Chick-fil-A is just exercising their First Amendment rights by running a business based on the Bible, right? Wrong. There's a line between the "free exercise of religion" and violating the law. If Chick-fil-A is violating the law by discriminating against gay people, or by firing women so that they can be "stay home" moms, as one woman who is suing Chick-fil-A says in court documents, that's not exercising religious expression or free speech, and that's not a First Amendment issue. It may be, if the court decides, a violation of the law.

Even if you don't support same-sex marriage, do you want to support a company that might fire women to force them to be "stay home" moms against their will?

There are plenty of good restaurants that are happy to work hard for your hard-earned dollar. Why support a company that is working so hard to deny people their rights?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-badash/chick-f...

##

• 4 years ago

Not quite. It's like fast food for the higher classification LOL. Plenty of authorities in my city will most effective eat there after they opt for up quick meals. It is just too high priced, after which 2 hours later my husband's consuming again considering that it's no longer very filling. I hate their fry-things. The sandwiches are fit for human consumption but not valued at the fee. They've best milkshakes and their breakfast is better than the other menu.

• 8 years ago

Once the stomach pumping is over and people realize what garbage they ate today, I doubt Chick-fil-a will ever have another day like today.

I pity the fools...

Source(s): Give me a cheeseburger in paradise!
  • Robert
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Eat at Chik Fil A and boycott Chicago, Boston, San Francisco and all other cities whose mayors are against free speech.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Christians are off having premarital sex after making their sacrifice to Jesus earlier in the day.

• 8 years ago

Thousands of people across the country were turned away because stores ran out of supplies. We will be back!

• 8 years ago

i had enough chicken for a week.

• Claire
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'll still be eating at Arby's.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Obesity ALERT!

• 8 years ago

They serve milk shakes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.