Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 8 years ago

Why are women more desperate to get married than men ?

With the exception of myself and two other girls I know, every other woman above 25 is DESPERATELY DYING to date, get married, settle down, maybe have kids and go crazy etc.

I think the only good reason to get married will be to get a French passport or something.

Anyways, why are women so desperate, especially compared to men?

I think marriage is overrated these days. It's just a damn bureaucracy, so why not exploit it?

Jess, I think women are more brainwashed by fairy tales than men are. I always hated fairy tales. Except the Little Mermaid 'cause that ends in tragedy

• Favorite Answer

When it comes to marriage men tend to get the shaft whenever the divorce comes and in more cases than not - the marriage will end in divorce. Combine that with the self entitlement that most western women have (via social engineering for the past 50 plus years) and it's a recipe for disaster for men and women alike. Guys are waking up and simply don't want to put themselves in bondage. Who can blame them? Sadly, women still are bombarded with the notion of finding their Prince Charming and having the "perfect" wedding. Is it any wonder why so many men AND women are miserable nowadays?

This isn't an attack on women any more than it is for men. It's just a sad fact here in the west and sadly I feel it's slowly becoming a reality in the east as well. Likewise marriage is becoming a privledge of the upper middle class and the rich as most jobs nowadays don't pay sustainable wages like in times past. Is it any wonder why both the divorce and the marriage rates are in decline here in the west? I'm not sure what the stats are in the east though.

1

Source(s): Hypnosis Tricks http://givitry.info/HypnosisCourse

It isn't only women above the age of 25. I'm 21 and I want to be married too, but I don't want kids yet.

I think it has a lot to do with having your own family. It also can be that you are afraid of losing your boyfriend and believe marriage will keep him around. It depends on the motive.

I want to get married because I love my boyfriend of 3 years and live with him. My family is very religious so I think it's appropiate we wed. It's just financially we cannot afford the wedding of my dreams. We both are in college.

Hmm!!!...Maybe in your Country otherwise i don't think you know every woman on this planet. Btw you say above 25? Have you ever heard of that desperate 17 year old girl called Courtney Stodden? whom is married to a 51 or 52 year old man?

• Alice

Because women have less time to start a family. The medical society advises women to get pregnant with their first child before the age of 35.

If you intend to produce people to accomplish something in the same time frame perhaps not to share with them what they have to do then you will need a program like Black Ops Hypnosis, a on line plan you will believe it is here https://tr.im/bbvtG and that'll show you how to use hypnosis without your partner know.

Black Ops Hypnosis it will show you the hypnosis technique. With this particular method you will have a way to hypnotize yourself and others about you for your benefit.

I don't know why the majority of women want to get married, as apposed to settling for a fulfilled long term relationship.

Growing up in the 80's, half of my girlfriends had already had 'wedding plans' sorted out in their head, whilst the other half, enjoyed the freedom of childhood.

It depends on how your parents 'bring you up', if your mother constantly fantasises about your impending wedding, I suppose it will either put you off for life, or make you join in with the fantasies.

Our society is still 'traditional' at heart, and do look down on women who have children out of wedlock.

Source(s): non traditional late to marriage woman

debby500: old stereotype, women do not age faster the men i no aged a lot faster than the women i know, and my mum agrees. dont believe everything you hear

i never had any interest to get married neither has any of my female friends or sister

must just be you american girls... of course...

Source(s): from london uk

Well Debby is right...a woman attains maturity quite early as compared to men...and therefore a woman looks older than a man of the same age....

other reasons would be....

the girl might be worried about wat will others think about her if she does not get married..they might think that something is wrong with her...

A woman loses her capability to give birth somewhr at the age of 45yrs...and this could be one major reason...

normally girls have been told about all those fairy tales wen they were small...and therefore they tend to find their prince charming....

well the last reason...and the most convincing....MONEY....someone has got to pay for their shopping....

all the best...I love the way you think.....

because women want to play with guys feelings.

Seeing that guys love faster and harder, women want to marry them.

Once married,they want kids and after that everything is over for most guys.

Women starts ignoring their husband and than comes the divorce and guys lose everything including and have to pay for child support and alimony as well .

marriage is the biggest trap for men ,ask my uncle .

women file for divorce more than 70% of the time,what does it mean ?