Why are women more desperate to get married than men ?

With the exception of myself and two other girls I know, every other woman above 25 is DESPERATELY DYING to date, get married, settle down, maybe have kids and go crazy etc. I think the only good reason to get married will be to get a French passport or something. Anyways, why are women so desperate,... show more With the exception of myself and two other girls I know, every other woman above 25 is DESPERATELY DYING to date, get married, settle down, maybe have kids and go crazy etc.

I think the only good reason to get married will be to get a French passport or something.

Anyways, why are women so desperate, especially compared to men?
Update: I think marriage is overrated these days. It's just a damn bureaucracy, so why not exploit it?
Update 2: Jess, I think women are more brainwashed by fairy tales than men are. I always hated fairy tales. Except the Little Mermaid 'cause that ends in tragedy