How long can a dog go without eating?

Please read my description for answering the main question. I have a 7 month old shepherd/boxer mix. We've had her for about 3 and a half months. Within this time, my mother has mixed boiled chicken with her dry food. I would like for my dog to eat regular kibble without anything mixed in it because I know that... show more Please read my description for answering the main question. I have a 7 month old shepherd/boxer mix. We've had her for about 3 and a half months. Within this time, my mother has mixed boiled chicken with her dry food. I would like for my dog to eat regular kibble without anything mixed in it because I know that it is healthier and better for her teeth. I realized that my dog is already spoiled and I would like to break her out of this bad habit. Starting today, I told my parents not to feed her any chicken or broth with her food. It has been a whole day and my dog has not eaten anything. I'm assuming she will eat near midnight because she's done it before when I gave her regular kibble. She has Solid Gold which is a high quality food. I'm only 15 so I don't have much of a say in my house. My mom gives her broth out of sympathy and I found small slices of steak in her bowl which my dad gave her. I keep stressing the fact that dogs can get worms from human food. I refuse to put "exciters" in my dogs food, such as shredded cheese or milk. I put about 2 teaspoons of warm water to moisten the kibble. I worry when my dog doesn't eat. She didn't eat breakfast or lunch, and her dinner is just sitting there. She has plenty of ice cold water because of the weather. My dog is healthy, she has all her shots, flea and tick medication, and heartworm medication. She is simply not eating because of her stubborness. She's learned to not eat the dry food as she can wait for my parents to give her something better. I dont want her to be like this at all. We still give her 3 walks daily and exercise, along with plenty of rest. How long (estimated) will a healthy dog eventually give in to eating dry kibble? Anything will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
13 answers 13