I'm Staying In Tokyo For A Month...?

In January I'm staying in Tokyo for one month with a friend... Do you think it'd be cheaper to rent an apartment or stay in a hotel for that time? We are planning on visiting Osaka, Hiroshima, etc.

We plan to spend three weeks out of the month in Tokyo.

You can't rent an apartment for one month. Forget. Totally. Impossible. Ain't gonna' happen.

Now, you might be able to stay in a gaijin house. Google Tokyo Sakura House to see what I am talking about. But if you are going to spend time in Osaka, Hiroshima and whatever 'etc' involves, the Sakura House is probably a bad idea. Why pay for a place in Tokyo when you are going to spend time in other cities????

Hopefully this has made you think. It sounds like what you have to deal with is paying for a hotel room. If you share a double room with your friend plan on 10,000 to 15,000 yen/night. The former figure IS possible as a friend and I stayed in a double room in Osaka back in December for a bit less than 10,000 yen, but you are going to have to do some searching to find such rates.