Who watched the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games?

Again it lived up to it's billing , as the opening ceremony did , although one very odd moment was the strange performance of Annie Lennox and Co , it was truelly weird indeed and looked misplaced within the whole masterpiece.

Yawn

Yes, we watched it, very entertaining mostly but you're right about Annie Lennox. That was just weird, i doubt Bram Stoker could have worked out the connection to his Nosferatu.

The Spice Girls ? As ever, attractive but banal. Timothy Spall just gets better and better with the years. The competitors seemed to be having a ball! After what they've given us in the last few weeks they really do deserve to let their hair down!

Good to hear the President of the IOC congratulating the British people on making the whole event so good for everyone by cheering everyone - the winners and the losers - and especially in events where we didn't have anyone competing - but that's what we're like isn't it? Fair minded decent people !

Edit - have just seen Dorothy's answer so checked out her link - can that be the same mojo who is answering this question too? Lol!

Annie Lennox was a complete disappointment, I didn't recognise the song, but more to the point I was uninspired by it, and had no idea what it was supposed to be all about.

It would have been better without her on.

Edit.

I shall now get you all singing a tune for the rest of the day.

Always look on the bright side of life.

• Tom S

I selected "Classic Rock" on my iPod and played great British music all afternoon. I then played a couple of modern Adele tracks and even put on a Wham!!! and George Michaels song. And finally I played "West End Girls" and "Opportunity" by the Pet Shop Boys.

It is the same thing as watching the closing ceremonies.

I did.... Freddie Mercury...George Michael.....Pet Shop Boys...Annie Lennox...looked like a parade of Queens to me ....only people missing were Mrs Elton John and Cliff Richards......lol

Great to see Sir Winston Churchill get mentioned .

• Well I just watched about 35 minutes of the opening. I'll get back to you in a fortnight.

• Lol the highlight for me was John Lennon''s Imagine, loved the 3 D face but I cringed when the Spice girls came on, most of the music was unmemorable and not the best of British!

George Michael and Jessie J were good. Then the fashion thing made me cringe and I turned off when the spice girls were on.

Only the shallow sheeple who need to be distracted from whats really going on in the world.

I didn't watch it, although I did record it for my mother to watch when she returns home from her holiday.