RSZ asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 7 years ago

Comments on the London 2012 Closing Ceremony?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best answer

I was disapointed they only gave one direction a couple of minutes on the back of a lorry when unknowns were on the stage. I am a huge fan of theirs. Although being 67 I can remember I liked the Rolling Stones when they were teenagers so see no reason why I should not like 1d ?

As for the rest of it to me anyway it was boring.

• The final day of the Olympics and the Closing Ceremony actually managed to completely overshadow the overpaid nancies taking part in the traditional opener to the Football season, The Charity Shield. It has hardly been mentioned on the News etc, surely that is not a bad thing.

• 7 years ago

As evidenced on here, it seemed designed to appeal to 13 year old Tom Daley fans, with low expectations other than seeing a boy band on a lorry and a bit (lot) of miming ... here is a view that sums up the whole steaming pile ---->>>> http://christt.com/words/closingceremony/

PS : Rolling Stones, Bowie, Kate Bush were approached, but declined. The Who only accepted the 3rd time of asking because, incredibly, they are creaking out onto a US tour in July ... so we were left with the musical equivalent of one of those crappy CDs the Mail on Sunday used to give away for nowt, which would end up on a charity shop counter, beside a sign pleading "PLEASE TAKE ONE" ... lol ... running up a hill, indeed. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/aug/13/david-...

• patch
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Although i thoroughly enjoyed the Olympic events the closing ceremony was billed as a pop extravaganza, which has little appeal to me. I have no appetite for a performance by the resurrected Spice Girls whatsoever. Best let sleeping dogs lie.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

the ceremony was boring on so many levels, the opening song should of been london bridge coming down coming down

• 7 years ago

Reminded me of the Danny Kaye song "What a very fine suit" every body saying the ceremony was great but like the opening ceremony it was "Crap"

• 7 years ago

Spice girls defo the best bit brings back memories of growing up! Proud to be Britsh! x

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I watched some of it and it was pretty good. I was ashamed when fatboy slim didn't play weapon of choice though, I had my hopes up.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I quite enjoyed it. I liked most of the music acts. It was way better than the opening ceremony which was boring.

• Betty
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

didn't watch it, couldn't stand one more minute of fawning british journalists fishing for compliments.

may be london can now get back to the mean spirited insular city it is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.