Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 7 years ago

Did you think the closing ceremony of London 2012 was abit boring compared to the opening ceremony?

I watched the opening ceremony of London 2012 four times and I still love it but I found the closing ceremony boring and disappointing

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best answer

You have to go all-out for the Opening Ceremonies because first impressions are remembered much more than anything that follows. It is far more important to make a good first impression than a second, third, or even last impression.

Plus there is the excitement of hope & expectations before the Games begin. There is a lot of energy & anticipation at the beginning for both the athletes and the audience. At the end, many athletes have already gone home, there is nothing exciting to look forward to for the fans, and it's nothing more than the forced fun of an over-extravagant party.

They did try to hold something back for the closing ceremony (if The Spice Girls is your idea of top entertainment). If some people liked it, fine. But I don't think I've ever seen a Olympic closing ceremony that was superior to its opening ceremony. So I wasn't surprised it didn't deliver.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Quite the opposite. I found the closing to be more entertaining than the opening. In my opinion, the closing ceremonies were one of the best in my recent memory.

• 7 years ago

It was so boring compared to the opening ceremony =D

I was so bored when I watching it LIVE on TV.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes usually closing ceremonies are anti climantic.

They just are not rehearsed like the opening cerimonies

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

No I actually liked the Closing better then the Opening,

• 7 years ago

Yes i agree with you, here in my country it was 1.30am when Closing ceremony started and i fall asleep 2 or 3 times lol..

• 7 years ago

It was a joke. Freddie mercury must be rolling in his grave when Jessie j was chosen to be queen's lead singer during the closing.

Do the spice girls belong to the upper echelon of singers? But then again, we are talking about British singers, so maybe they do belong.

• ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Nothing was as bad as McCartney in the opener

• 7 years ago

Yup it was boring, may have been fun for those participating but was boring for those outside the stadium

• 7 years ago

Thought it was alright but preferred opening.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.