What does "peace" mean, as in "Islam is a religion of peace", in the context of the news item below?

Its sick and disgusting. The people who are accusing are illiterate and completely dumb and do not share the same knowledge as you and I do. I am Muslim and I forgive this girl because she is not responsible for her actions due to her mental handicap. This girl is innocent and its not her fault just because some backwards Pakistanis without education and morals who only know whats in their village and that of Islam. Doesn't mean you can demonize an entire religion.

Nah, just backward in Pakistan. I mean didn't worse happen in the Middle Ages in merry old England? And it was like not even a couple of hundred years ago that some black kid was lynched for whistling at a white woman?

But obviously they need to modernise their way of thinking.

• Niebla

if she is really down's patient and she cannot be responsible for her acts she must get free but if she can realize what she did then she should get a punishment according to her age, a kid can't be taken like adults, however who could gave her such papers? it could be an act of provocation using ( or abusing) the girl due to her condition.

And yes, that attitude is not pace by itself considering age. anyone with bad intention could make other believe it was made in purpose without mention her medical situation.

One more thing Islam is one thing and what muslims do can be other very different.

Pace.

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”

― Malcolm X

1. Ask yourself: are muslim countries invading ,attacking and pillaging, bombing and using all sorts of pre-emptive forces/army, against the western countries?

or are western nations attacking muslim lands?

2. Islam is the fastest growing way of life in the world, despite the media bias and ignorant hatred aimed towards it.

Why? Cuz its the truth.

Truth always prevails.

3. Name a community on earth which has no miscreants /black sheep in it.

Juding a majority over the actions of its minority is injustice in itself.

4. Islam is not what muslims do, its what muslims must do.

Look at the rates of crimes in non muslim countries (i.e. rate of suicide,rape,homicide,etc.) and realize the reason for the moral degradation of that world.

who brought it about? Islam?

5. Never forget hiroshima, nagasaki, killing of natives of america/australia/new zealand,

never forget the no. lf people killed in WW1 and WW2

never forget who enslaved the 'black men'

Never forget the present state of inflation which is making ur life miserable.

this and many other social/economical diseases can only be cured by Islam.

• Regwah

That's too sad & disturbing, I just don't understand.

Killing for peace is like fornicating for virginity.

• ZILLA

That is goddamned disgusting. WTF is wrong with those people? I used to make excuses for them because it is true that most Muslims aren't terrorists, but I have to wonder: how close to being terrorists are the members of the SILENT majority?

That article literally makes me feel sick to my stomach. I have a teenaged daughter.

One vision of achieving peace is by obliterating opposition.

Ah yes - Islam still trying to catch up to the millions tortured and killed by Christians.....

Once you have killed every person on the planet. Then we will reach "Islam peace"

Pretty much the same thing that "Christian love" meant during the witch trials.