applying for architecture?

i just got my AS results last week and now i'm really confused. Most universities are asking for AAA or AAB but i ended up getting BBBB. even up till the time i had the result's envelop in my hand i was confident that i'd be able to get 3 A and a B but no i ended up with 4 Bs instead. So now i don't know if i should still carry on applying for architecture in january. i've already started writing my personal statement and started doing my portfolio and i really want to do architecture. my Bs were high Bs so i'm hoping to get 3 As next august for my A2 results but i'm not sure if i can still apply for the universities in january even if my AS results don't reach their minimum requirement grade of AAA. can someone please give me some advice about what would be the best thing for me to do next.

Favorite Answer

It is unlikely that you would be considered for architecture with grade Bs.

I think that you should start to think of alternative courses.

I would have suggested that you put down architecture for two or three of your UCAS choices and then have the others as another subject but if you do this you will have to word your personal statement very carefully because you would have to encompass both courses. The only thing that you could do would be to choose a course that is closely linked to architecture so that your personal statement would be valid. you could look into things like architectural technology.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

you could, although at maximum faculties you will take one extra 3 hundred and sixty 5 days of Masters artwork to get your degree in case you probably did no longer change from a pre-shape bachlors. As you probable be attentive to, shape classes are very competive so artwork on grades as much as portfolio in any different case your portfolio won't get regarded at. maximum undergrad classes won't permit you're taking many training that could relatively help your portfolio until you have been in a B-Arch software that's 5 years at maximum faculties (and a HEAVY eleven semesters at that.) For portfolio, i might take city layout classes, paintings classes, CADD, and computing gadget photos classes. maximum faculties will assume that they are going to would desire to start from scratch in case you haven't got a shape or layout undergraduate. So build the talents you'll want and educate those. do no longer underestimate the cost of photos skills at college, even nevertheless as quickly as you graduate you will no longer want them. solid good fortune.