Where Should I Start This?!?

I've always been a drawer but never a painter. I've only recently gotten into painting and have painted two small canvases. It's my best friend's birthday in two weeks and he loves Adventure Time, so I've sketched out a little portrait of Finn and Jake on a canvas to give to him(not sure how big exactly, but it's small). What I wanted to know was where do I start? Do I outline them in Sharpie and then paint? Paint first? Outline in paint instead of Sharpie? I'd love it if you could help me out, thanks (:

• Ava

I would paint first. If you feel it needs an outline and you don't think you can do it in paint, then just use the marker. It doesn't matter if it's perfect or not, your friend is going to love it.

OMG, Chantell, give him or her the drawing; not a painting. You can draw so use that knowledge to make him a great work of art. If you don't know anything about painting don't start by giving paintings to people you care about. Before you could possibly paint anything anyone would want, you have to paint about 100 pictures and get about 100 lessons.