HP computer hdd error? Need help troubleshooting.?

Okay I have been troubleshooting a computer I received from my parents when it broke down. For the longest time I couldn't get to the bios, but after cycling the memory in and out. I found that two of them were not working and I could only boot to bios with the functional one. So I can get to bios and have been running the hp diagnostic tool. The memory and cpu are fine, but the hard drive always has error code BIOHD-2 (turn off system and check cables). So I have tried this hdd on several different sata ports on two separate sata cables. I also tried it with another hdd with two separate cables on different sata ports. All of these attempts lead to the same error code BIOHD-2. So I know my hdds aren't broken, so what could be the problem? Could it be issues with the motherboard? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Also I tried booting from a live cd and it wouldn't boot, I don't know why .

The computer is an hp:

Product: AY570AA-ABA

Model: a4316f

Software Build: A1NAv6PrA1

Thanks,

Sam