Chick-Fil-A is ending its support of anti-gay groups-good sign right?

Update:

wow-all the negative comments, people can't be happy about anything-even small steps

what's so bad about a statement that the company needs to treat ALL people fairly

I never saw the big deal anyways-most gays are too health-consious to eat fried chicken, at least Chick-fil-a supports obesity

13 Answers

Relevance
  • kert
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

All it really shows is that there was a reaction that cost the corporation money and they (the company) came out to say they reconsidered their view. It was only done because of the bottom line not a change in their feelings on the matter. It also shows the power the LGBT community have!

• 7 years ago

Leopards cannot change their spots. Chick-Fil-A may SAY they're ending their support of anti-gay groups, but that doesn't mean that they're not funneling money to those anti-gay groups.

Funny how this topic came up, and three right-wing, anti-gay trolls suddenly appeared from the Politics sections to throw in their two cents' worth.

If you want a perfectly decent chicken sandwich you can make at home, try this:

1. Take one chicken breast, insert it between two pieces of waxed paper, and pound it with a meat mallet until it is about 3/8" thick.

2. Dredge the chicken breast through one well-beaten egg, then dredge through flour to which a little salt, pepper, dried oregano and dried basil has been added, so that the chicken breast is well coated.

3. Drop the chicken breast in a pan with enough oil to just cover the chicken filet. The oil needs to be hot: about 350 degrees.

4. Keeping the heat constant, cook your filet until golden brown. Remove, and serve on a hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato, thinly sliced onion and the condiments of your choice. (I prefer mayonnaise.)

This will save you about four bucks and you'll end up with a perfectly decent filet of chicken sandwich!

[Regarding Southern-fried chicken: to lower the amount of trans-fat you get in the chicken, DON'T use vegetable shortening (which is hydrogenated to make it solid at room temperature) and instead use two parts lard to one part butter for frying. Soak the chicken in milk, then dredge with flour with your choice of herbs -- I use salt, pepper, basil, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder -- and fry at 350 degrees. Don't crowd the pan with chicken -- use two pans, if necessary; and keep the pans covered while cooking to retain moisture. Check every ten minutes: when one side is golden brown, turn the pieces of chicken and cook until the other side is golden brown.]

Source(s): There are some tricks we learn growing up in the South! :-)))
  • morkve
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I feel if one was amazed through this, they'd also be surprised that the moon is not fabricated from cheese. "certainly, in my pleasant state of Indiana, one of our schools has without a doubt managed it." -, you might simply no longer keep there and now not aid them. Don't need to work to "ban" things or opinions you do not like. Do that and you're no higher than them. "i don't care who the position endorses, IMO, they have got the proper, it's there cash, but it surely's not alright for a campus to apartment a business affiliated with oppressing some of their pupils." -Letting a industry sell matters on campus is not ever an endorsement of politics. "Chick-Fil-A restauraunts are independently owned, and just for the reason that of 1 restaurant's donation to a lame intent needed to put the blame mainly complete company" -Like that might discontinue little commies from black-checklist the whole company and its' very separate franchises.

• PattyM
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Kert nailed it. The owners of that restaurant chain just became aware that they were losing sales due to their political contributions and the resulting bad publicity.

Its all about money. It usually is.

Dan Cathy and accomplices will just figure out ways of expressing their hatred for gay people without involving the store. Perhaps making personal contributions rather than doing it as a company.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Clay C
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

I believe that Mr. Cathy should be able to express his own beliefs and do what he wants with his money but I definitely agree with his decision to distance himself from hate groups. I'm pleased with this decision. He's finally standing up for AMERICAN values by accentuating that we should all be treated equally.

• 7 years ago

Yea i think its a good sign. But i still like there chicken lol. Its a small step foward but thats better then a small step backwards.

• 7 years ago

Bad sign. They had the balls to come out and say they didn't support it now they lost those balls. I don't know why there was such an uproar about the whole situation. It is the founders opinion, how can you sit there and protest about someones opinion. When you start your own business and make as much money as they do you should be able to have the right to say whatever you want. It's called the freedom of speech. If you don't like it then ignore it and don't buy food from them. Your type is so annoying.

• 7 years ago

To me its a good sign that shows that they are becoming more open-minded finally.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Wow, they've been shown the light!

• John
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

This is what's so laughable. If all the Pro-Gay hate groups can express their incorrect opinions, why can't Chick Fil A express their opinon?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.