Describe how the ocean influences climate by storing heat and water? Give one example to justify your answer?

Well can you guys please help me with this question, because I really don't get it, and you can write a simple answer, I need an answer really quick.

Thank you

• Dick

Example:

The climate of Ireland can be summed up as being mild, moist and changeable with abundant rainfall and a lack of temperature extremes. It is defined as a temperate oceanic climate. The country receives generally warm summers and mild winters, and is considerably warmer than other areas on its latitude. This is due to the fact it lies in the Atlantic Ocean, and as a result is warmed by the North Atlantic Current all year.

The North Atlantic Current originates in the Caribbean Sea and Gulf af Mexico. The oceanic water in those areas are heated by the sun causing the Gulf Stream that carries the warm water into the North Atlantic.

The warm water in the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico is also the fuel for hurricanes in that area.