Why Does IMDB rate movies so low?

here is one example there is many more.

I just saw the movie the Last Castle i thought it was great i look on IMDB and they didn't even give it a 7/10 and i thought the movie was great. The ending wasn't exactly happy and predictable, the lead actor was awesome and his supporting cast had solid performances any one of them could have taken the lead role. It was emotional not just some lame plot it sends a good message and i am not a big fan of military type stuff but i think that the prisons portrayed great pride and you could really feel them. it didn't even get an average rating it got less than that. Makes no sense.

lol i feel like an idiot i didn't realize that the people rate the movies i thought it was someone who like published the website... anyway if no one answers you get best answer

I agree The Last Castle was a great movie but it seems on IMDB that even if a movie gets 6.6 or 6.7 then it's considered a pretty decent score.

All it takes is a few idiots to give a good movie 1 out of 10 for the ratings to drop like a stone.

• EC

Because people didn't like it and rated it accordingly. Heck I didn't like that movie, it was just "meh."