Is A Pad Okay Or Should I Use Something Else?

Okay, so, my period started today and in about two days me and a massive group of friends have planned a water fight (it will be very hot). There won't be water guns or hoses or anything, just water balloons. I can't wear tampons for medical reasons, and the shorts I plan to wear are dark denim and quite short. I was wondering if I'd be okay to wear a pad, or if I should just sit this one out (hopefully not).

• Angel

A pad is okay but wear some shorts that are a bit longer. Short shorts can give away too much if they are really short and tight (you can see a bulge).

You don't need to sit it out, but you can wear something a bit longer and a little looser.

You can let water splash on you as much as you want.

It might be a good idea to bring a reserve pair of shorts or a skirt, and underpants, so that you can change after the fight - pads don't stick well on wet clothes, and there's also an increased possibility of getting rashes.