I graduated High School in 1973 - What are some of the big musical events that occured in your graduation year?

Here are some of mine." The US #1 hits included songs like "Angie" by The Rolling Stones, Superstition by Stevie Wonder, We're an American Band by Grand Funk and Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. The UK hits included 3 hits by one of my favorite UK bands "Slade". "Dark Side of The... show more Here are some of mine."

The US #1 hits included songs like "Angie" by The Rolling Stones, Superstition by Stevie Wonder, We're an American Band by Grand Funk and Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. The UK hits included 3 hits by one of my favorite UK bands "Slade". "Dark Side of The Moon" was released. The biggest rock crowd ever assembled gathered at Watkins Glen to hear The Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers and many others. Bruce Springsteen was making a splash and Led Zeppelin broke all of the box office records for live shows. Lynyrd Skynyrd brought the South to the rest of the country with songs like "Freebird"and Punk was starting to get some real notice. Eric Clapton was coaxed out of his isolation when Pete Townsend invited him on to the stage at the Rainbow Theater.. Ron Wood, Stevie Winwood and Jim Capaldi joined him and the recordings became Clapton's Rainbow Concert album. The Vietnam War officially came to an end in January with Neil Young stopping his Madison Square Garden concert to announce the accord. John Lennon was kicked out of the USA and George held the concert for Bangla Desh. In June David Coverdale replaces Ian Gillian in Deep Purple and Graham Parsons gives his last show before dying of an over dose. Finally in December Aerosmith performed "Dream On"on American Bandstand and Slade had their third chart topper of the year with a Christmas song called "Merry Christmas Everybody"These are just a few of the things that occcured during what is generally considered a quiet year in Rock.
19 answers 19