Can I sue facebook? They sold my e-mail address to spammers and I do have proof.?

I have a 2nd facebook account and noticed I'm getting spam e-mails listed with the name I put under my 2nd account, to the e-mail which I used to sign up the 2nd account. Under facebooks terms of use they will not sell or distribute your e-mail. I have no friends under this account, and am not using any apps under this account and my account information is private. How can I sue facebook for illegal distribution of my e-mail address? I realize pictures become property of the company, but it is illegal to sell and distribute your personal information (e-mail addresses) to spam companies. Anybody give me some insight?

how can you prove that it was FB that distributed your email?..... whatever you are connected to, those companies tag you once you are affiliated with them. THEY then use your information to send you things just because you tag yourself with their company. if you dont want it, dont put your email directly into your FB

Facebook is one hundred% secure, although alot of viruses are unfold through there process. This could be what it is. Have a fine day.... Wanker .... You would not must ask the silly query that has been requested over 10,000 occasions on yahoo solutions... Probably use the quest function? But your so low and pathetic that you are unable to even do this. Possibly you should pay attention in ICT? Entire son of a *****, any English errors?

No you can't sue facebook

Sure, if you can actually prove they released it. If you can't show a direct line from FB to these spammers, you're going to lose. They can easily say that they didn't release your email address, you did in one of the million other ways spammers get your email. Also, spammers just send email to random addresses.

Oh AND you'd have to prove that they cost you some sort of financial damages, which they didn't. I suggest getting a better spam filter, champ.

So, do you have any other proof other than "Well I only use this email for FB, I swear I've never given it to any other source, and plus there's no way they could just be randomly sending it to me"? Because if you don't, you'll lose. On top of you not having any damages to recoup either.

You can try but remember they have very deep pockets. They'll fight this tooth and nail and this lawsuit would end up costing big dollars. You would have to be able to prove they sold it. Suspicion that that is how a spammer got your address is not enough in a court.

That is not proof that Facebook sold your info.

They could've easily just been hacked and your info was stolen.

• Teekno

You would have to be able to prove that nobody else, other than facebook, had access to that email address.