Should I give up my loan horse?

I've been loaning this horse for just over a year now (part loan, twice a week, but every day in holidays) His a lovely horse, love him to bits (but i do get attached quite easily) But the past few weeks ive been having thoughts about giving him up. I think im starting to outgrow him (not size wise) just feel... show more I've been loaning this horse for just over a year now (part loan, twice a week, but every day in holidays) His a lovely horse, love him to bits (but i do get attached quite easily) But the past few weeks ive been having thoughts about giving him up. I think im starting to outgrow him (not size wise) just feel like this is as far as we can go together, and i need a bit more of a challenge, is this really selfish of me?
Not only this, but its the time and money side of things aswell, i will be starting university in october, so will have to give him up then anyway, but at the moment i have to pay for a tutor aswell, so i could save that money for the tutor. I've been looking at a few ad's that want stable duties in return for free riding. Sounds perfect, but i can't help but feel that I'm letting him down, and am being really selfish? :/
For non horsey people this is going to sound really pathetic , but all you horsey people must know how easy it is to get attached!
The smart thing to do is to give him up, but its so horrible :(