Need help with this Java Assignment?

Design a suitable static (array) list class (ADT) called UnitResults, to hold a collection of student details (forename, surname & result) and unit title (other data fields may need to be applied). The course that this unit belongs should be defined as a class member. Provide the ADT with the means of adding,... show more Design a suitable static (array) list class (ADT) called UnitResults, to hold a collection of student details (forename, surname & result) and unit title (other data fields may need to be applied). The course that this unit belongs should be defined as a class member. Provide the ADT with the means of adding, deleting, updating, listing, sorting, searching and analysing the field data.

can i get some help with starting this assignment ? I just cant get my head around how i would set up the arrays, Thanks in advance!
Update: without using the arraylist