Getting a Mortgage Loan Being Self Employed? 10 points?

so we recently assumed ownership of a family business and currently it still stands as solely a verbal agreement. We haven't actually transferred the business to mine and my husbands' name. We have been employed at this business for 5+ years so we will have W2's but not showing near the amount of... show more so we recently assumed ownership of a family business and currently it still stands as solely a verbal agreement. We haven't actually transferred the business to mine and my husbands' name.
We have been employed at this business for 5+ years so we will have W2's but not showing near the amount of income we'd need them to show.
Since we have assumed ownership of the company (over 8 months ago) our income is MORE than needed for the amount of mortgage loan we'd need to take out. PROBLEM is: we can't prove our income on a W2 or tax return document.
We also have a bulk of income saved away in cash.
Which is not helpful when we need to prove we CAN afford the mortgagee loan and are capable of making the monthly payments.

Can you Please tell me what our options are in this scenario?

Large down payment?
Co-Signer? (would like to avoid this if possible)