Anime/Manga: Death Note Survey?

If you are in the process of watching or reading the anime/manga Death Note or plans to watch/read Death Note then these questions could contain spoilers. You have been warned.

1. While watching/reading Death Note who did you find yourself cheering for? Light Yagami or L?

2. When Ryuk first told Light about the Shinigami Eyes, did you think Light was going to accept the deal?

3. How did you feel about Light wanting to be "God of a new world"?

4. How did you feel when L died?

5. After L's death who were you going for to win? Light or Near?

6. Which version of Light Yagami do you like most? Light when he has his dark sense of justice, wanting to be a God of the new world etc? or Light when he lost his memories of the Death Note and was being very helpful to the task force?

7. Who do like more Near or Mello?

8. Favorite character?

9. Which is funnier Ryuk's obsession with eating apples or L's love for sweets and desserts?

10. Which character kept surprising you with their intelligence? Light, L, or Near?

11. What were your thoughts on Light Yagami's death? Did his death surprise you?

12. Do you think Light Yagami was "evil"?

13. If you stumbled across a real Death Note, would you use it?

I tried to come up with a good survey and I hope you like it. Lol

Thanks in advance for your answers.

7. *Who do you like more? Near or Mello?

-Light Yagami at first because I did not know much about L at the beginning.

-All and all: I foreshadowed he was because Light was seeming(into) the deal of the Death Note: so it was very likely: he may have thought it would help him.

- This changed me because I had the same thoughts. That kept me going with the story.

4. How did you feel when L died?

- I felt sad, but; one of the movies in the ''Relight'' portion made me get optimistic thoughts that he was alive, but no. He showed himself.

- I just kept into the story: so I really did not pick a side.

- The dark version: because the story was very good with that role.

7. Who do like more Near or Mello?

- Near.

8. Favorite character?

- Near and MATSUDA!!!

- L's love for sweets.

- Near

- Not in the manga, I already knew it beforehand. But, the manga was sadder in my opinion.

- No, he produced ''Plot Armor'' for the story.

- Oh, yeah!

That was a fun survey!

-Light Yagami, from the start to the very end. I'm one of the few people who didn't like L that much.

-At first I knew he wouldn't, but I thought he would eventually be put in a situation where he would have to do it.

-Not sure how to answer this. Just kinda weird that he thinks he can become God just by having a book that kills people.

4. How did you feel when L died?

-Was actually very surprised. I really did not see that coming.

-Still Light. I never liked Near.

-The one that wants to become God. The other one was boring imo.

7. Who do like more Near or Mello?

-I really hate both of them, but I'll say Near.

8. Favorite character?

-Light Yagami

-Ryuk's obsession.

-Light

-No, I saw a spoiler before I even watched. I knew he was gonna die from the start, I just didn't think he would die like that..

-No, he wasn't evil, IMO. He was trying to get rid of the scum on the planet, and make this world a safe place, but he just let his power go to his head.

-Tempting, but no, I wouldn't.

1. I'm essentially on Light's side. Yes, his methods were extreme, and he got obsessed towards the end, but he had good intentions.

2. I didn't think he would accept it right then. But over the next few episodes I was wondering whether circumstances might force him to do it at some point.

3. As an atheist, I don't feel strongly about that terminology.

4. Well, I was kinda wondering how they'd continue it with out him.

5. Light.

6. The dark version is way more fun.

7. Mello. He has character, whereas Near is a borderline Canon Sue.

8. L, followed by Ryuk.

9. L's sweet tooth.

10. Mostly L.

11. I knew beforehand from spoilers that we was going to die. I don't like it that Near beat him. L was the only one who ever deserved to be able to do that.

12. Evil, no. Obsessed, yes.

13. Absolutely.

• Young

Light, I was more fond of his thinking power than L.

Nah, I knew wasn't that kind of person to sacrifice anything of his. He was selfish.

Commendable. To become god of anything is a tough job, but someone has to do it.

4. How did you feel when L died?

Conflicted. On one hand I wanted Light to win, but L was still a cool dude. At least he died with no regrets becuse he knew who Kira was.

I wanted Near to win. Light got way too power crazy after L died, so he deserved to lose.

Dark force Light. I don't like a goody two shoes. His sense of justice didn't mean much to me, I just like seeing his thought process.

7. Who do like more Near or Mello?

Near, Mello was way too loud and reckless.

8. Favorite character?

Matt.

I found both pretty annoying so I can't say which is funnier.

Light, Before L died. Then Near after L died.

Not really, but the way he died really killed his character for me. He was always so cool clam and collected in the toughest situations then he broke down when back into a corner. Wasn't his character at all.

Yes.

I would have no need to. No one can piss me off so much to kill them. I'm not a hero nor a villain, just an observer.

1. Light Yagami. Even though he turned crazy at the end, I still can relate to him.

2. Nah, Light was too smart not to do the deal.

3. Weird

4. I got so happy, because I thought Light was gonna have a happy ending now that L is out of the way.

5. Light because Near is just a L wannabe

6. Dark one, of course

7. Neither

8. Light Yagami!

9. L's obsession. I find it funny how he's always eating sweets when they're talking about serious stuff.

10. I have to say L. Just when you would think Light was running things, L always changes the rules.

11. I got so depressed.. I almost cried.

12. Sortof. He was evil because he started killing off innocent people.

13. No, I'd be too scared

I was with Light all the way. I just don't like L for some reason, I find him annoying.

No, I thought it would have been really really cool if he did but I always kinda knew he wouldn't do it.

I thought it was awesome yet really really creepy at the same time. At first I just facepalmed and went, "Oh silly Light, all this has gone to your head." And then when he started getting followers and stuff I was like, "Well, thats kinda awesome how you did that, Light."

4. How did you feel when L died?

I was seriously so happy I did a fist pump. I remember thinking, "Yeah! Now that he is out of the way we can get down to serious business!" (Sorry L fans)

Light. Because the only person in Death Note I hated more than L, was Near. -_-

I like the Light in the very beginning when he was just like, "I'll kill anybody that gets in my way." the most, but I also did enjoy that part of Light that honestly didn't know he was Kira.

7. Who do like more Near or Mello?

I would say Mello but he really didn't do much of anything so I guess I'll have to go with Near.

8. Favorite character?

Either Light or Ryuk, they are at a tie.

Ryuk and his apples. I found that so hilarious because he was a god of death who loved to watch humans squabble, and yet he would just freak out over apples XD

All 3 of them. They all came up with amazing plans and ideas that really shocked me so I can't pick just one.

Well, I accidentally found out that he died before I finished the manga so it did kinda surprise me. I remember thinking, "How could they do that!?" but then I quickly realized that there were very few other ways to end it, and I think it was probably the best way to end it.

I think at first Light had good intentions but after awhile he just got way to full of himself. I liked the very beginning Light a lot more than the one that came to in the later volumes/episodes because then he did really become "evil"

I'd probably test it out one time on someone on death row like Light did, but I wouldn't take it into my own hands and start killing people left and right like he did.

Alright, there is my honest answers. Hopefull I don't get eaten alive by L fangirls -_-

1. Light for sure. I hated L at first, but grew to like him. Even missed him when he died.

2. Naa, I thought he would of thought about It In the long run. And he did.

3. He would of gone crazy (Even more than he became) after he had full control.

4. Sad actually. He was cool.

5. Still Light.

6. Darker Light.

7. Near

8. Ryuk. I grew to love Mia though. Sad what happens to her.

9. Ryuk's love for apples.

10. L

11. I was surprised Near replaced the Death Note.

12. Yeah. Willing to sacrifice his family, and use Mia like that was.

13. Yes.

It was a cool survey.

• Nogiku

1. I wasn't really cheering for a particular side as both ideals have an equal number of good and bad points. The fun of watching was not knowing which side would be the superior ideal although I had a feeling that L's side would eventually win.

2. Nope, because Light didn't need it urgently like Higuchi and because he is smart enough to find out people's real names without some outside power (like he did with Naomi and Raye) Also if his lifespan was cut in half it would limit how much time he had to change the world into his utopia which definitely ruled out the possibility.

3. All people, even if you have good intentions, will eventually corrupt if they have as much power as "God of the World". This was starting to show near the end of the story. Thus I am not at all comfortable with him as the God no matter how righteous he may be.

4. I felt surprised that a main respected character such as L would die in such a pathetic manner as he did. I was more sympathetic towards Rem's death as she was unknowingly tricked into killing L to protect Misa, sacrificing her own life.

5. I still thought that Near (L's ideal) would beat Light.

6. I like his good side because he could have become such a successful person if he didn't pick up the Death Note and because his personality contradicts so much from his evil side.

7. I like Mello because he is part of the mafia and sacrificed himself to solve the case in the end. I didn't really like Near's anti-social personality.

8. Teru Mikami, because he was badass and mysterious up until the warehouse scene where he ended up as a pathetic mess and lost it.

9. Ryuk eating apples.

10. All of them were equally matched in terms of intelligence. Light only won against L because he had the more superior weapon.

11. He kinda deserved to die at the end.

12. At the beginning of the story I was unsure if he was considered entirely evil, but at the end there was no doubt that he was evil.

13. I have no use for a Death Note.

1. L all the way!

2. Nah, I knew he's be too smart to fall for that. He has ways of manipulating people without inconveniencing himself.

3. I thought he had too big of a god complex, and maybe a bit of a fetish....

4. Angry and sad because I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened, and the episode in which he died was so artful and symbolic. I'd say that's the best episode of the series.

5. Near, even though I hate his character. Too cold and detached for my tastes.

6. Dark, just because he seems more interesting. Though, it also makes me hate his guts more with the way he acts and manipulates anyone and everyone.

7. Mello just because he's all psychotic and a whore for chocolate. Doesn't he also expose his midriff?

8. L. I can connect with him the most, and I love how he acts with Watari (making him scoop everyone's ice cream while they talk about murder).

9. L's love of sweets. I have seriously tried making dough-kebabs at one point. He's so creative with it.

10. Light. I kept thinking, "L's got you! How are you going to get out of this one?" Then a second later, he comes up with a strategy and I'm just like, "This is getting unrealistically complex. There's no way he could have come up with a solution that fast."

11. I thought it was awesome. It was inevitable, so I wasn't surprised by it. I was surprised by Misa's death, however. I had no idea she was seriously that depressed, I just thought she was goth lolita.

12. Yes. He killed innocents and let the power get to his head.

13. Hells yeah. But only on people that really deserve it, not people that just tick me off.

OMGee! I LOVE Death Note and when I saw 'Death Note' in the question, i flipped out! Anyway,

1. I was cheering for L.

2. I actually did, but he's smarter than that.

3. I thought his plan was great but 'god' of the new world. Not so much.

4. I wanted to cry but i toughed it out. I wanted to like murder Light for killing L especially since L thought of Light as his friend.

5. Honestly, I wanted Light to win.

6. The innocent Light.

7. Mello. I know he's bad but i mean Near plays with toys all the time.

8. L. He was a genius and will always be my favorite.

9. L's love for sweets and desserts. I find it to be very cute.

10. Ooh, that's a tough one. Probably Light with his plan to forget about the Death Note and all.

11. Yup, i also wanted to cry for him but still toughed it out.

12. Well he was doing it for the betterment of the world so no.

13. Hell yeah! But for good you know......

Source(s): ME!!!!!