Thinking of getting a dog on tuesday?

I need advice from- GSD, Rottweiler, and doberman owners? These breeds i mentioned are "generally" owner orientated. True? I want a dog that's not going to be overly excited at meeting other people. I want a dog that prefers it's immediate family over strangers. Are those good choices? Can you... show more I need advice from- GSD, Rottweiler, and doberman owners?

These breeds i mentioned are "generally" owner orientated. True? I want a dog that's not going to be overly excited at meeting other people. I want a dog that prefers it's immediate family over strangers. Are those good choices? Can you think of any more? (nice looking dogs that is lol) I like guarding breeds, and i know how to train dogs. But my last one was too people friendly for my liking. I don't want a dog that is as loyal to strangers as it is to it's owner, if you know what i mean
Update: Shadow, i'd never get a chow, they are untrustworthy in my eyes
Update 2: T, don't worry, i want the dog to be socialised! Just not indiscriminately friendly to everyone, like my previous dog who would drag me under a bus to get a pet from a stranger! LOL
Update 3: Lorrane, i've been thinking about, wanting to, and been planning to get this dog for months. Just with other thing getting in the way, like xmas! It's been constantly put off. I've been waiting for a suitable time, that's all. I've been prepared for months :)
Update 4: Amber, i don't want a boxer. Generally, too hyper for my liking
Update 5: Lorraine, i'm planning to get this dog from a decent breeder. I have £1000 to spend on the dog. The main question is about the breed, not where i get it from :)