Anonymous

Is racism only towards black people?

In your opinion, are black people the only victims of racism? If not, do you believe white people are also victims of racism? Who do you believe to be the biggest racist group in the world (not just within America)? Which race do you believe is the most targeted by racists? If you have any EXPERIENCE with racism (not popular media covered stories), posting it on here might help me better understand what each group is under-going.

I know, as a female who has people mixing up my race and being racist towards me because of it, that racism happens a whole lot more than people believe, I think I want to see the bigger picture from EVERYONE'S point of view.

I know this also may be too much to ask since it's the internet and alot of you will do the opposite of what I request, but please try to be civil, I know this topic arouses anger but I think if everybody remains calm it will seem less like every race feels superior to another.

Racism can be towards any race. I believe that all groups are equally racist and equally targeted. I know many may say their own race are the biggest victims of racism, but I personally think it depends on geographical location.

For instance, when I lived in Philly, my family was the only white family in the neighborhood... I was constantly harassed/bullied, ganged up on, stabbed once, and at one point I had a gun pointed at me. All the girls called me white trash and rudely insisted on calling me Becky and Mary and Sara and at some points malibu barbie, (which now I actually flaunt a barbie necklace to show I don't give many ***** about my race and I'd be proud no matter what race I am or what names are thrown at me) even though that clearly was not my name. Now after enduring that, and enduring Orlando, Florida's Hispanic population being just as rude... I came to Tennessee where it is predominantly white. I was like "Oh man! Everybody's so nice here! I haven't got called any mean names yet." One night, however, I was at work stocking baby food and a white man comes into my aisle and does a crude imitation of Spanish. I ignored him, thought maybe he's entertaining himself since we get a lot of drunks and high people... but then he says "oh, you're not mexican then!" And starts doing a crude imitation of Chinese which I also ignore. He then gets frustrated with me and says "I NEED HELP!" So I turn to him and say "yes you do" and he goes "Oh, so your kind actually speaks English". Apparently, he didn't realize that I was mostly white and somewhat native american and he had mistaken me for either a Hispanic or Asian (I get that quite a lot)... I did flip out at him because their was a Japanese woman in the aisle too and she was shaking with anger or tears I couldn't tell. So I then learned that in areas where there's a significant majority different, minorities in that area will get targeted because I've also seen black people harassed in the store which I don't stand for, any kind of bullying I do not allow to happen in front of me.

The definition of racism is views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior. It has nothing to do with who has most power, although majority does determine who is more likely to get targeted... it has to do with stereotyping races and due to those stereotypes having an overall belief that they're inferior or superior to other races.

Source(s): Opinion, experience, dictionary

Black people can't be racist

Why ?

Racism is a power play. Without power you can't be racist

We do not control

the banks,

the police,

the courts,

the schools,

the hospitals,

the newspapers,

the film industry,

the fashion industry,

the labour market,

the housing market

Whites people do. So their racism affects rates of black unemployment, income, life expectancy, education, segregation and incarceration. Blacks do not even begin to have that kind of power over whites. This makes it hard for blacks to stereotype and dehumanize whites to a serious degree.

What name can a black person say to a white person that is the same as N***R ?

Whites by and large write most of the schoolbooks and create most of what is on television. They shape what everyone knows and think about the world. They set society’s ideas about beauty, about proper English and so on.

Look. Even if a black person KILLED a white person and said he did it because he hated white people.

That is not racism

Because if any black person were to try they would go to jail.

FOREVER.

That’s not racism. Racism is when you can kill people and get away with

Racism is when you can deny people jobs, housing, health care, decent educations, or their physical freedom via the justice system, thereby wrecking their lives. Racism when you convince people that certain people are less intelligent, immoral, ugly.

Racism is when you convince people that certain people have contributed nothing in history. Racism when you can bomb other countries and cause millions to starve. When you can impose sanctions on countries to stop their growth.

And there are virtually no black folks who can do any of that to white people

But there are white folks in positions to do those things, and who do them regularly

• bebe
      5 years agoReport

Dude your a ********. ANYONE can be a racist. Also blacks are more racists then whites. Blacks are twice as likely to be convicted of a hate crime then whites. Also blacks are seven times more likely to attack a white. And who about the number of black men raping white women?!?

OK here's my personal experience with racism. First of all I'm a white guy. About 20 years ago I worked in a warehouse which involved a lot of heavy lifting and forklift operating. The crew was mostly white with the exception of a few black and Hispanic guys. The reason for this was because I lived in a region that had a 90% white population at that time. The foreman hired a black guy full time who had been working there for a temp agency. The whole time he was there he was always trying to mess with us white guys to try to get us to say or do something so he could create an incident. For instance one time I was hauling a load of product down the isle to be loaded on a truck. He intentionally walked right out in front of me and stopped abruptly forcing me to slam on my brakes and nearly hitting him. He was always making negative insulting comments about the group of people he called "white boys". He would talk sh!t about the white guys he was in Vietnam with. It was obvious he hated white people and would always go out of his way to make our job harder than it already was. The other black guys weren't like that, it was just him, and what pissed me off is none of us could retaliate knowing he would accuse us of racism and get us fired. The warehouse eventually got taken over by a new manager and after about a month this asshole went to him and claimed we had all ganged up on him and called him the 'N' word. None of it was true. He finally left knowing he wasn't able to create his "racist" incident for which he obviously thought he could hire a lawyer and sue the company for millions of dollars.

White people have told me countless tales of similar experiences with blacks in the work place who try to go out of their way to create a "racist" incident by continuously antagonizing the white employees, yet it's us white people who are always accused of racism no matter what we say and do or don't say and don't do. As far as black people are concerned white people are "racist" based completely on the fact that we're white and nothing else. We are forced to watch every little thing we do for fear of being accused of racism while blacks will publicly ridicule us, call us racial names, and degrade us without reprimand.

That's my experience with "racism". Black hypocrisy!

Source(s): Personal experience!

Probably about every group in the world has been targeted at one time or another.

There is not a race on earth where someone has not come up with a derogatory term to define or describe them.

Of Course not, but I feel like Black People are the only

race where people seem to instinctively despise or hate us.

Keyword being...INSTINCTIVELY.

Racism can happen to every race and ethnic group.

Nope. That sh!t happens to every race unfortunately.

yes, because they are the most ethnic and it is obvious.

• blah

No, it's not.