Why dont we attack North Korea?

Okay to start off I am not this little kid thinking that war is cool and all that. For me, war is terrible and it would be the last thing I would do if everything fails. North Korea has either threatened to attack the US and Korea the past years and for instance also attacked S. Korea a couple of times. I have... show more Okay to start off I am not this little kid thinking that war is cool and all that. For me, war is terrible and it would be the last thing I would do if everything fails.

North Korea has either threatened to attack the US and Korea the past years and for instance also attacked S. Korea a couple of times. I have also lived in S. Korea for 5 years and I am a half Korean. All we have done is just sit back and technically do nothing except for strengthening our military at some points.

I know the last president of Korea, Lee Myung-Bak was a very bad president, but hopefully the next president will be much better and react a lot better to attacks and threats from N. Korea.

There are tons of people starving in N. Korea, people in concentration camps/labor camps and some people even getting tortured and executed. They use almost all their money on their military and all the food S. Korea sends to N. Korea to help the poor goes to the people that are in the military.

Basically, they dont care sh*t for civilians. The only thing they care about is spreading propaganda to their own people, military, showing off that they are "Dominant" in this world and be a little devil and irritate S. Korea and cause panic against other countries.

So, my question is "Why not invade N. Korea?". I know this might be a silly question as people have estimated that they have 8-16 nukes, possibly more by 2015 and that Seoul will probably go to hell within 30-60 minutes. Keep in mind that these nukes can reach some cities in the US such as San Francisco.

My thought is that Offence is the best Defense. We can't just sit back and wait for them to attack us or mistreat their people. I think it would be much safer to attack them, try to save as much civilians as possible and reunite N and S Korea.

I see no other way than to this, unless they attack us (which probably means that Seoul and other cities in both S. Korea and Japan get some serious damage) or that the next leader will be a kind person that will reunite N and S Korea and do all the right things (which is in my mind, impossible).

Thank you for reading my question thoroughly! Please answer as much as you can. I don't care if its long, I will read it anyways! :) I don't intend to encourage anyone to start a war, but I am asking why we are not starting a war.
Update: Please, forget China! They wont be helping N Korea. In fact they are tired of spoon feeding N Korea and will most likely be neutral under the war or help US. If they join N Korea and bomb US, how will they get their loan back then? Think before you answer...