Facebook “Your Account is Temporarily Locked” Reasons:
*. Facebook is making an improvement in some of their database and accounts got locked if that database includes your account.
*. Facebook detected suspicious activity and has temporarily suspended your account due to security precaution.
*. Facebook has detected your account as a spam or been reported for abuse.
*. Facebook detected randomly different devices used in opening your Facebook account.
*. Facebook detected that someone recently tried to log into your account from an unrecognized device or location.
Steps to Unlock Temporarily Locked Facebook Account
For security reasons your account is temporarily locked and below are the steps on how to unlock it. When I experience this problem Facebook provided me with two options on how to unlock my Facebook account. Below are the options that you can use to verify and unlocked your temporarily locked account.
Confirm through your mobile phone.
This option is easy provided that you have with you, your mobile phone you have used to verify your Facebook account when you signed up. You just have to type in your mobile phone number and Facebook will send you a code that you need to enter to verify and unlock your account.
Verify that you are the ownerof this account, by identifyingthe people tagged in the following photos.
This is the option that I choose as I did not have with me the mobile that I used in verifying my Facebook account. To unlock your Facebook account, you have to identify the photos of your friends. To confirm your identity and verify that you are the owner of the account, you need to identify the people tagged in on the following photos that Facebook will be showing. You need to determine five photos correctly to verify and unlocked your Facebook account. Facebook did provided 2 skips (lifelines) you can use incase you do not know who is tagged on the photo.
1. Confirm your identity by answering correctly all the tagged photos. Facebook provided a multiple type answer selection where you can choose your answer.
2. After answering correctly all the tagged photos you need to create a new password.
3. You will then be greeted by an “Account Verified – Congratulations!” notice. Click on the Continue button.
4. Facebook will let you add a new email or use your current email account as your loginemail.
5. You will then be asked if your email is secure. You can click on “Continue” or click on “Change Email” to change your current email.
6. Facebook will let you review you applications. Facebook will list recently added application in your Facebook account (if any) and let choose whether to remove them or not.
7. Set a new security question. Choose a security question and type in your security answer.
8. Done. Your Facebook account is finally unlocked. You can now proceed in logging in.
Upon doing the final step, you may now login in your account, just enter your login credentials and the new password that you have set. You can also turn on some extra security features like browsing Facebook on a secure connection, and send an email when someone logs into your account from an unknown device.
Seems like Facebook security features is targeting and pruning out fake Facebook users as normally fake users just add friendswithout really knowing them to increase the friend numbers. While steps on how to unlock your temporarily locked account on Facebook seems tedious, I think that it is beneficial as it let users more personal and make their Facebook profile account, their “real Facebook account”. Hope this guide helped you learn how to unlock temporarilylocked Facebook account . Come and share your thoughts and opinions about this Facebook security feature with the commentsection below.
· 5 years ago