How can I be almost 6 weeks pregnant when baby was conceived almost 4 weeks ago?

April 18th 2013 is the day our baby was conceived.

but four different websites say I'm 5 weeks, 4days pregnant when I input the April 18th date.

How can this be when April 18th was only 4 weeks ago.

Because you start counting the weeks of your pregnancy with the first day of your last period, not with your conception date (which would, theoretically, be about two weeks after the last time you got your period).

Source(s): 32wks w/baby girl #3.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): 6 weeks pregnant baby conceived 4 weeks ago: https://biturl.im/oFNZy

So, pregnancy is measured by the first day of your last period. Thus, we have those two weeks where we aren't really pregnant but the implantation/fertilization is taking place in those 2 weeks, so technically it is included in pregnancy.

So, if you are gestationally at 6 weeks, the fetal development is really at 4 weeks.

First of all, April 18 may not be the day of conception. It is obviously the day the act that resulted in conception took place, but sperm can live in the female body for up to 5 days during which fertilization can occur at any time, and implantation can take place up to several days after that.

Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last menstrual period as a standard, which is usually about two weeks prior to ovulation.

Conception plus two weeks. The two weeks is the prep of your uterus for the egg implantation.

And for the record, 40 is not ten months, you are not pregnant for ten months, technically or otherwise. 40 weeks is nine months and one week. Obviously if a woman goes a week or two overdue, they're nine and a half or nine months and three weeks, but that's still not ten months.

The first 2 weeks are implantation. You're technically pregnant for 10 months.

Your baby's egg is 5 weeks and 4 days old, but the other key ingredient only got added after the batch had been in the oven for 10 days! :) Congratulations

Because prengnacy is calculated from the first day of your last menstrual period. it's most often 2 weeks BEFORE physical conception.

• jlb

Pregnancy is considered to start on the 1st day of your last period, even though you aren't actually pregnant yet.

• Daniel

I think the date that the baby is concieved is supposed to be when the fetus actually starts to develop. The fertilized egg actually has a pretty long and impressive journey into the womb before it begins to develop into a fetus.