Why do Christian denominations still exist(ex. the Catholic Church), read below for explanation.?

I don't think the idea of different Christian denominations, such as Catholicism, and even the very word, "Christian" aren't parallel to what God wanted. Such ideas are disagreements, and the bible points out that God hates "He who sows discord among brethren". Knowing this, and that... show more I don't think the idea of different Christian denominations, such as Catholicism, and even the very word, "Christian" aren't parallel to what God wanted. Such ideas are disagreements, and the bible points out that God hates "He who sows discord among brethren". Knowing this, and that the definition of discord is a disagreement, how can you call yourself a follower of Christ if you are to belong to a specific denomination? I think genuine followers of God would simply follow the bible and nothing but the bible(assuming the bible we have today is the original, and not altered by anyone), and not listen to some catholic church who at one point was very powerful. By the way, side question. What right does the Catholic church have to put themselves in a position to be the representatives of God, and ex-communicate anyone they please. I believe in universal priesthood and the fact that the only person who can modify your relationship with god is you and him. And a third question, what right does the catholic church have to sit on riches and/or such a prideful building, and structures which probably in todays money costed millions if not billions of dollars to build? Maybe if they sold a few paintings they could feed a few kids in undeveloped countries like genuine followers of Christ would do.