Sharon S asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 years ago

What do you feel is the real purpose of having contacts?

When you look at it.. you can add contacts, message them, follow their questions and answers, give them thumbs up, star their questions...

Some may see them as just a way to answer and have others answer and star.. but many of us see those contacts as a lot more.

Yahoo added the personal touches, yet expects us to believe we aren't supposed to be social.

The real purpose of contacts will depend on each person's view of the whole set up.. I believe it goes beyond questions and answers.. we get to know people, learn from them.. not just in questions and answers.. through messages.

Many things I won't even discuss on this site anymore.. I will in messages because it's a whole lot nicer without the haters and stalkers.

I don't know for others but for me,I just want to have a good relationship

with several people and by that I mean having a real friend :)

I don't randomly add people and then keep the list full

To make the people selling the contacts rich. no other reason. then they will put the out of focus and then back into focus why? only they can answer this but they won't they only want to get rich. so they know your eye strength why do they put it out of focus and say can u see that? can u see that? something is cooking in the kitchen! Mr i doctor person.

• Grassy

Overall, the contacts are a support network to help asking and answering questions.

We all need a little help from our friends.

• Mrs H

To me it's pretty much a social network although as the

other answerer has said Yahoo doesn't see it that way

For me, it is the sheer pleasure of reading the Qs & As of these individuals and to answer their Qs.

• Tigger

To make you more attractive. I really don't like the way I look in glasses.

I guess we are all here to help each other with the questions we have and to share what we know...? um not sure lol,but I love mine ^^

• To get to know them . . and if you like their questions then you answer them. That is about it

faster movement

Source(s): .