What do you think of Gayle, overall as a batsman?

I feel that he mainly crusher poor Indian bowlers on spinning pitches. That's why he the best here, and not so good anywhere else. Even in the IPL, when he comes across a good spinner, he mostly fails.

He is an amazing batsman but only in the t20 format. The thing is if he is in form he will deliver what you need. But I think at times he is inpatient. He cant play so good in the 50-50 format or test format. Yes I know he scored one of the fastest hundreds in the history of test. But he still cant last long. Despite him scoring 175 from 66 RCB never made it in the top 4. So I think he is amazing only in the t20 format and not in any other format. That's why Sachin is better than him. As Sachin can last longer on the crease in any format and can play better strokes. But I am sure Sachin cannot even score 175 in 66 balls but he is still better than Gayle.

I think he is like a hurricane. He could come to a cricket match and do very little damage or he could powerfully and demolish everything. Not too long ago he destroyed the Pune Warriors in the IPL and scored 175 (not out) in 66 balls. But then again he has gone out for a duck 21 times in ODI's since he started. It all depends on the day and not the type of bowlers.

Source(s): Been watching Chris Gayle a lot

Gayle is a good batsman. He is very calculative and plays shots according to the situation. He is a power hitter but has the ability to time the ball beautifully as well. He can smoke 30s in 10 odd balls and he can play big innings of 300 as well. All in all, He is a good batsman in all formats.

Your point that he crushes only poor Indian bowlers is not true at all. I have seen him smashing three sixes and two four in an over of Brett lee once. Two of them went out of the ground. He has smashed sixes of Dale Steyn many times as well. He averages above 40 in all formats. Its not that he always play against poor Indian bowlers all the time in all formats. A batsman who only score against poor bowler cannot maintain that kind of average.

Its also not true that he always fail in big matches. I remember he smoked 92 of 40 odd balls in champions league semifinal 2011 against NSWB which is an Australian team. RCB won that match. He also hammed Australia in t20 world cup 2012 semi final which WI won.

He fails sometimes but who doesn't. Everybody notices his failures because everybody expect him to smash plenty of sixes in every match. When he doesn't everybody notices. It is a similar case with Tendulkar too. This is a sign of a "Big Player".

• Saboo

I am a fan of Gayle - he provides great value for money and if he's batting I never switch off. There is an argument to be put forward that he feasts on poor attacks but his overall test record is pretty decent, without being exceptional.

I never saw Viv Richards bat but when I see Gayle at his best I imagine it must be a bit like the great man. This is probably pushing it a little bit but I don't care.

Yes I agree with you Gayle is a good batsman, not only IPL he played also well for his team. Though he is par-time bowler but I think he is overall as a batsman.

A good batsman in ODIs and Tests.

More than brilliant batsman in T20s.

He is the best batsman of IPL's all versions.

Overall record in all IPL matches

52.33 average with strike Rate of 160.

A batsman is scoring at the rate of 52 in a "T20 format".

and at the strike rate of 160. What you can ask for more?

If he is not best of IPL, then show me who is the best.

Tell me his name and stats.

Good batsman mainly in the shorter formats, but has played the odd really good test innings. His mouth is what lets him down as he does not seem to know when to shut it much like his fellow West Indies team mate Pollard,

Yes, Gayle is good batsman in IPL but in International cricket he is not in good form

Gayle is the greatest hitter who can destroyed any opponents in no time because he has dynamic hand eye coordination with Popeye looking fore arms even short arm jab can travel long way flick cut and trade mark square drive is the great examples that his hitting power.

As a batsman he is good!!

but he is not regular.

Like Mike Hussey he does not score runs in every matches!!

he has got enough strength thats why he can easily hit the balls across the boundaries!

that doesn't make one a good player!

Good Player defines Dravid,Hussey!