Do you believe smokers (in a way) deserve to get cancer?

No one deserves to get Cancer...ever.

It really depends on the smoker. I don't believe that anyone deserves to get cancer, but they know what they are doing and what the consequences are. I know someone who has Crohn's disease and their doctor said if they were to try to quit smoking their stress level would increase making them more likely to have a flare up. But then you have the people that say, "I know cigarettes cause cancer but I don't care. It's my body and I can do what I want with it". These people are just being spiteful and snobby but I don't wish cancer on anyone. It's a horrible illness that nobody should have to go through.

I am a smoker so I am biased.

No

I also work in hospice & watch many people die of many cancers. I also have had melanoma skin cancer twice & cervical cancer once.

No I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

I as a smoker do not smoke in the house, or by non smokers.

• Elana

No, but I do believe that smokers deserve help to stop smoking.

Eh, deserve is a strong word. Of course, most smokers are aware of the risks but pretty much any enjoyable "vice" of sorts comes with a risk.

• RiitzC

Should people that go to tanning salons get cancer?

Should people that have diet products get cancer?

Should people that have processed foods get diabetes?

No. No I don't think they deserve it. I think people that smoke in places with other people around deserve it.

Yes, and drinkers deserve liver disease, and sun worshippers deserve skin cancer and people who are into extreme sports deserve to die horrible violent deaths.

"Smokers are the lepers of addicted society" - Oscar Wilde.

Source(s): Sarcasm - and smoker.

NO thats terrible man it relieves stress and makes them feel good, nobody deserves cancer for that

Not deserve, but the health warnings are clear, if we rule out the possibility of cancer it will still continue to deteriorate your health.

No....no one deserves cancer.