why do people nowadays like to have friends with benefits?

Shouldn't you find someone whom you truly love?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favourite answer

I'm with you... I don't understand it either. It understates the act that two people are meant to share when they're in love (and I'm not just saying marriage). Everytime you have sex with someone without feelings, you take away something special for someone who you actually care about and who cares about you.

• 8 years ago

Few reasons. Main one being that if you've been in a relationship before and been hurt and just want the physical pleasure from another person after the r/ship is over, then FWB is pretty much convenient. These people are emotionally unavailable and want sex when they feel like it.

Some people can't seem to find that special someone and they get sick and tired of going through the same process over and over again with people who break up with them etc. so they opt for FWB as a way to boost their ego and make themselves feel better.

One more thing, FWB has always existed but just hasn't been openly spoken about by society (as its been frowned upon by society in the past). So FWB is not just occurring nowadays, it's pretty much always existed.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

What do you mean "nowadays" ???

Do you think things are different now then they ere when you mother was your age?

Do you honestly think we are the first girls to deal with guys who just want cheap sex?

Do you never watch 80s teen movies? Every cute girl in them jumped into be with every nerdy guy.

Who do you think wrote those movies? You think it was Nora Ephron? (look her up)

And like then, there are stupid girls who fall for the "FWB" line.

They feel it is a legit way to have love before while looking for the real thing.

There have always been dumb girls like that just like boys just want to jump you and don't care about tomorrow.

"Nowadays" is no different from the "good ol' days."

• 8 years ago

because you can enjoy it with out any commitment or pretty much anything

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

There's no such thing as love.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.