Is this the solution to illegal immigrants "losing" their passports?

Lots of people are always banging on about deporting illegal immigrants, but none of them ever seem to have any constructive solutions to the problem of where to deport them to. Without papers, it is impossible to deport people because we don't know where to send them, and no country is obliged to accept people... show more Lots of people are always banging on about deporting illegal immigrants, but none of them ever seem to have any constructive solutions to the problem of where to deport them to. Without papers, it is impossible to deport people because we don't know where to send them, and no country is obliged to accept people simply because we send them to their. It's a bit of a bugger really, but I think I have solved it.

On the border of egypt and sudan at 21°52′14″N 33°44′14″E
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=21%C2%B...
is an area of land called Bir Tawil, it belongs to neither country. It was probably an administrative error when the borders were drawn up, but neither country actually claims it, so it is in effect the last peice of no-mans land left on the planet other than a small piece of antarctica called Marie Byrd Land, which is so remote and inhospitable that nobody bothered to claim it.

While I could not agree with sending people to antarctica, as this would be a little more than murder, sending them to the @rse end of sudan would at least give them a fighting chance.

I can't help wondering how many of them would suddenly stumble across their passports again once they were told that was where they were going.
Update: Talking of camps, the other idea I had was building an 'open' processing facility on gibraltar, but i'm not sure how we stand with using british territories in this manner, what with them being self governing.
Update 2: Sending them back to their point of departure is fine if you catch them the other side of customs, but the problem is not people trying to get in and getting caught, the problem is all the people who came in perfectly legally and then just stayed. There is no point of departure to send them back to when you find... show more Sending them back to their point of departure is fine if you catch them the other side of customs, but the problem is not people trying to get in and getting caught, the problem is all the people who came in perfectly legally and then just stayed. There is no point of departure to send them back to when you find them wandering round the streets with no ID 2 years after they were supposed to have left the country, at this point you can't send them anywhere unless you can prove who they are, and those are the people who form almost all of the problem cases.

Fingerprinting everybody upon entry to the country would work, you can get scanners that do it these days, though there was a case recently of some doctors in brazil using fake fingers to clock people in and out at a hospital , so that system could easily be circumvented by anybody who put a little effort in.

Retinal scans are another option, but those have been circumvented too, and could probably be rendered useless with conta
Update 3: Transfer them to an army base in kenya and then move them the rest of the way by helicopter.
Update 4: the best archaeological evidence at the moment suggests that plato's atlantis was actually the minoan civilization of crete. Crete is occupied, and under no more obligation to accept stateless people than anybody else.
Update 5: Perhaps you would care to offer a more realistic solution then...
9 answers 9