Why do atheists mock something (our God) they supposedly don't believe in?

I know the answer, but it's just why do they lie? You wouldn't feel the need to insult God the way they do unless you believed in him... it's obvious they truly believe he exists. It's just they live for the pleasures of the flesh.

Isn't it true that they hate God? That they would spit on his face if he was given a chance to repent on judgement day? It just doesn't make sense.

"flying spaghetti monster"

"invisible fairy"

"a tyrant"

"magic carpenter"

Notice that they truly do hate God, I just want to know why.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago

Atheists do not mock God, because we do not believe in him. We cannot hate God any more than we can hate Voldemort (which is a lot, because Voldemort is a bad dude, but still fictional lol). What you're experiencing is criticism of the IDEA of god, which we find to be intellectually dishonest. What people believe should be their business, but unfortunately people of faith find it difficult to maintain a distance between themselves and the rest of us, and the faith seems to get all over us.

Put it this way: If someone told you they believed in Santa Claus, you'd be like, "Uh, OK, buddy, good for you." Nothing else would be said about it. But if that person was a Congressman, and he said that because of his special beliefs, elves couldn't marry other elves, the candy cane forest could be mowed down and destroyed forever because "Santa isn't capricious," women couldn't have certain kinds of sugar plums because they have uteri, the Elves had to give up their health insurance because (surprise!) Sanata was a Christian Scientist, the Easter Bunny Garden had to be our special friend even though the people that live there are responsible for genocide...

What would you do? Would you start to question this Congressman's belief in Santa Claus? Would you start to demand evidence for the existence of Santa Claus before we continued with North Pole Law?

See, we're not mocking God, we're mocking ideas. And no idea is so special that it can't be mocked. Modern civilization is built on the truth that mocking bad ideas moves society forward. Because there's no evidence for God, it is a bad hypothesis, from the standpoint of reason, science, and argumentation. As long as we cling to the idea, on a public nationwide level, of a God, we won't be devoting all of our energy to finding real things with real evidence.

• 7 years ago

<sigh> Normally I don't feed the trolls. But you're too stupid to ignore.

1.) Atheists do not believe in your god, or any other god. Period.

2.) Atheists do not mock your god, or any other god. They mock you.

3.) Atheists don't live for the pleasures of the flesh, they do not believe in a god. PERIOD.

4.) Atheists don't hate any god, one can not hate what one does not believe in.

5.) If a judgement day where to happen, you wouldn't have atheists, there would be the proof asked for right there. You might not get worshippers, but you'd no longer have atheists.

6.) The FSM and the invisible fairy have as much proof as any other divine and magical being.

7.) Read that wonderful bible, it scream tyrant and magical carpenter.

8.) Again, you can not hate what you do not believe in.

• 7 years ago

"It just doesn't make sense."

That's right. Working from your assumption that atheists are lying and actually believe in, but hate, God will always lead you to conclusions that don't make sense. The only reasonable thing to do at that point is question your assumptions. In this case both your assumptions are false. Atheists do not believe in God.

"flying spaghetti monster"

"invisible fairy"

"a tyrant"

"magic carpenter"

None of those mock God. They mock belief in God.

• 7 years ago

I don't think they really "hate God". I think they are angry at someone or some situation in their lives, and they're lashing out at Christians generally. Maybe their parents pushed too hard, shoving religion down their throats while they were growing up. Or maybe they belonged to a religious organization that asked too much of them. There is something else behind this behavior than hating God.

Most atheists do not do this: just a handful who come onto this site to "have fun". The best thing you can do is not respond to them. Or, if they're truly insulting, report them. It's easy to do. After a few reports, they will be banned from this site.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

When will you realise they could care less and that it is nothing to do with God, Jesus, the bible or Christianity and all to do with the intolerance, hatred, bigotry and persecution posted by BAD Christians?!

Why so blind to what causes the backlash against Christianity?

ALL the other religions and atheists live in peace and are ONLY attacked by BAD Christians which causes all GOOD Christians to despair at the damage they do!

The self destruction of Christianity is underway and the only thing that can stop it is to abandon the terrible human emotions, seek to rediscover the idea of a loving god and act like it!

Posts like yours that drive people further away from God are driving you towards hell.

So who are you working for the devil or the antichrist because it sure ain't the loving god!

• 7 years ago

You need to step back and look at why sane people have such a low opinion of your silly stone age fairy tales.

For example, what if you had a coworker who believed that the Smurfs were real. Every day he would come to your desk and talk to you about how you should head off into the forest and leave gifts for them. He invited you to smurf celebrations where you paint yourself blue. He had his new born taken into the forest and dipped in blue paint to dedicate him to the smurfs. Before he eats he requires everybody to sing the smurf theme song. Every day he hands you a new pamphlet describing the evils of Gargamel and how you're going to die if you don't praise the smurfs. He tells you they must be real because he has pictures of them in a book!

Imagine your reaction to him. That's the same feeling sane people get with you and your religious delusions.

• 7 years ago

Like the Great book God ask the Israelites not to forget that they were slaves in Egypt and to show compassion to the foreigner. Ths means we have been rescued thro` His grace should treat non-believers with mercy and compassion and also pray for them so that He may open their eyes and their ears and give a heart of flesh.

Phillipians 3:17-18

Brothers, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as you have us for an ensample. 18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

2 Timothy 2:24-25

The Lord’s servant must not quarrel, but be gentle towards all, able to teach, patient, 2:25in gentleness correcting those who oppose him: perhaps God may give them repentance leading to a full knowledge of the truth,

God bless

Source(s): bible.cc
  • Astrid
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Frankly - We're not mocking your God. We're mocking you.

And the Flying Spaghetti Monster isn't your God. You should know that. We're just saying there could be one, not that it has anything to do with Christianity. Sure, there are parallels... but that's the nature of religion, isn't it?

• 7 years ago

They hate it when people try to push religion on them and there not be a single piece of evidence to support those beliefs. Plus, they get mad when people try to push their religion into law, government, public education, or science. Then there are the people who use religion to justify their hatred and violence. Atheists really hate those guys.

So they fight back against a society that pushes religion so much by pointing out the logical flaws, inconsistencies, errors, and bad history. You know, the stuff the religious people work so hard to ignore.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

"Why do atheists mock something (our God) they supposedly don't believe in?"

Because you believe in it, and a lot of people try to influence policy with their primitive superstitions. I can make fun of an adult for believing in aliens, does that mean I believe in aliens? No, it doesn't; and the same principal applies to your sky toddler. I simply plant the seed of doubt, and water it with the piss of sarcasm. It's hilarious that you're so insecure with your beliefs that you get this mad.

You're only making yourself look bad, keep it up. And for the record, if religion didn't affect my life every goddamn day and you people weren't so hypocritical and obnoxious, I wouldn't bother to verbally rape you. Until then, I will. You deserve it. Lies don't deserve respect. They deserve to be ridiculed.

God is a mythical, psychopathic attention whore who locks people in his basement and sets them on fire because they're unable to satisfy his unsatisfiable ego. Stay mad.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.