Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 7 years ago

Do you have to own a gun safe in order to buy a rifle?

I bought an AR15 at Turners, after the paperwork was finished, the guy asked me if I have a gun safe. I said yes, but I personally don't own the safe, good because I can't get my gun without a safe. But I asked another arms dealer and he said I'm not required to have a safe, just a cable lock. I'm confused. Will they not let me have my gun if I tell them I don't own a safe?

Lol @ Xpatinas : obvious hoax? Tell me something, how does it feel to have a personality that attacks other people for the sake of wanting to feel like you have a d***? It doesn't make it bigger, and you're clearly over compensating, but there's good news for you! Gay marriages are being legalized so you can come out of the closet now buddy :)

Favorite Answer

My ak-47 is under my bed with mags loaded

I have no safe. I don't feel like wasting time with opening a safe or a cable lock. Bad guys don't wait

There's no kids in or near my house, or retards

no you are not even required to have a lock although it is recommended

the first guy also wanted to sell a safe, called "free enterprise and good business

a deterrent to theft

No but you should keep it in a safe place , wrote the serial number down invade it gets stolen report it.

Depends upon the municipality. Your post is an obvious hoax, and it has been reported.

• Calvin

No. Some states (or cities) require you to have a lock for it however (but that is not all states or cities).

The people that sold it to you can refuse to sell it to you without a safe if that is what they wish to do. Although I think that unlikely (the salesman would likely steer you to buying a safe and if that failed a lock to be in compliance with the law and/or grow the sale).

By the gun law, the weapon is now registered to you by the sales transaction with all number recorded.

Safety and securing the weapon should be a main concern from theft deterrence.

A lot of people I know do not openly display the weapon, a safe is preferred, or nice secure area hidden in a wall.