Ryan asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

What diet is really good tasting, cheap, healthy, and SUPER easy to prepare?

all diets seem to have these extravagent foods and stuff...i need a healthy diet to lose weight on thats cheap...tastes good, and is healthy but that doesnt take hours of preparation time...

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

my family eat relaly healthy (its actually annoying, i get bullied because my lunches are too healthy) but i thought id tell you what we normally eat (for all meals so maybe you can start a trend in your household :) btw, my sister is 16.

All these are really cheap, healthy and fast, with low calories

BREAKFAST: (every day) + a small black coffee for everyone but me

My sister: puffed wheat with 1/2 cup hilo milk and a tsp honey

My mum: a fruit smoothie - crush 5 cubes of ice, add 2 bananas (frozen is always yummier for some reason) and a handful of berries (optional) some nuts or ground nuts, splash of hilo milk, dollop of greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey.

Me: bircher muesli - handful of rolled oats with a small dollop of greek yogurt + half a grated apple

Dad: 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with 1 tsp vegemite

MORNING TEA &/OR LUNCH:

Sister: small tub of greek yogurt with a dozen blueberries, and a tub of salad: baby spinach (much more nutrients than lettuce), 1/2 diced carrot, 1/2 tin of tuna, and some low fat organic feta

Mum: banana and sandwich

Me: continetal cup-a-soup OR a salad sandwich, and a piece of fruit and a small muesli bar (less than 200 calories for the whole school day)

Dad: salad sandwich and WAY to many watered down coffees (haha my dad isn't QUITE as healthy as the rest of us)

AFTERNOON TEA:

sister: small treat, and some salad and bread

Me: smal treat, cous cous with olives/dukka mix (indian spices on bread with olive oil)

Mum: small treat, afternoon coffee and some fruit

dad: dad is at work so he just drinks more coffee

DINNER: we don't eat this and only this, its just an example. If you need a recipe, google the name of the recipe and "low calorie", eg. "low calorie homemade bolegnaise"

also, we have salad EVErY night! it actually makes a huge difference

monday: usually a pasta with homemade bolegnaise or good quality tinned tuna

tuesday: roasted chicken; whole chicken, rub with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary, stuff a lemon up the hole in its bum, tie up legs and bake over some chopped potatoes

Wednesday; mum always does a slow cooker like an osso buco (lamb shanks baked in sauce)

thursday: soup, like chicken or pumpkin, HOMEMADE! including the stock, ill put the recipes below

Friday: HEATHY takeaway or left-overs (mum says Friday night is not a 'mum-night')

Saturday: steak, just thrown straight into the pan, 5 minutes each side and served with organic mustard

Sunday: italian, so pasta, lasagne anything like that, but if you find a recipe with lots of cheese, use about a 1/3 of the amount, cheese is almost pure fat (try puting a piece of cheese in a fry pan- youll never look at it the same), or a rice dish, rice salad, chicken and rice, curry, rissoto.

RECIPES:

typical salad:

baby spinach, chopped tomato, carrot, cucumber and capsicum, small pices of feta cheese, olives (NO DRESSING - oils from the cheese and olives are enough)

Stock: boil a diced onion, some chicken bones and meat, a celery stick and a carrot. strain the liquid, chill and scoop off the fat (it will set on the surface) use or freeze until you need it

Chicken soup: make up stock, except don't strain it, just cut up the chicken meat and throww away the bones, add another carrot, 1/6 cup rice, and a tsp salt

Pumpkin soup: make up stock, chop, then cook 1/2 a butternut pumpkin in the stock. Add some salt, and blend until smooth.

Tomato soup: cook 1 garlic clove and 5 sprigs of rosemary in some olive oil. pick out garlic and add 1 large tin of tomatoes (no added salt/flavour enhancers/emulsifiers/colours etc). heat and then blend. Serve with the rosemary on top.

osso buco: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/11096/os…

rissoto: finely dice a brown onion. cook in a deep pan with olive oil on low heat until slightly transparent and soft. add 2 cups of aborio rice. stir on low heat for 3-5 minutes. add a soup ladel of stock. wait until the rice soaks it all up. keep adding stock bit by bit until you have used about 1/2 a litre. add a couple of curls of lemon rind and some finely grated lemon rind. test(eat a bit) to see if the rice is cooked. if it needs more cooking, add boiling water. once cooked, add 1/2 cup of peas and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.

Anyway, goodluck :D sorry if this is HEAPS to much or if you thinks its to big of a changefor you, but thats just how WE live. so dont worry if its a bit overwhelming. i still find it pretty crazy :D. The link i gave you for osso buco is from Taste.com which is a great website with lots of easy, healthy foods. Don't be shy of making your own stock, its really easy and SO much healthier. i think it tastes better than that awful Campbells stuff.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 7 years ago

Grilled chicken, brown rice, green beans, sandwiches with wheat bread and deli meats and cheese, oatmeal is a great nutritional breakfast, and many other simple foods are healthy. The most important part of a diet to lose weight is to just eat LESS than what you're accustomed too. Eat to the point where you're not full, but satisfied instead.

• 4 years ago

Avoid late night eating Because your metabolism slows down when you sleep

• Jeanne
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

Get tips from weight loss community

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Exercise in the morning to speed up weight loss

• 4 years ago

limit if not eliminate all extras like butter mayonnaise ketchup dressing added sugar added oil etc

• Effie
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

rather than yell toward family members in other rooms walk over to talk

• 4 years ago

15 minute minimum walk after each meal

• 4 years ago

sniff a banana an apple or a peppermint when you feel hungry

• Bettie
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

Never go to grocery shop when you hungry

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.