Are many Yahoo users having their emails hacked?

Just recently my wife and 2 friends have all had their Yahoo email accounts hacked into. The hackers then sent out dubious emails from those accounts using the owners address books. I am just wondering when my email account will also be hacked. Is there currently a problem with Yahoo's security?

Favorite Answer

I was also hacked with messages being sent to my contacts. Where is Yahoo's security. I am not confident that this will not happen again and may just cancel my account.

• Bilbo

Happened to me at the week end - from somewhere in Indonesia using a 'Yahoo's Partner'. Most annoying.

They offer something as an extra level of security but that is flawed from what I can see - it relies on a mobile phone (which I don't use abroad) or sending security Qs to another non-Yahoo account. If I need to set up another account, I might as well get my mail on that as well.

BTW It sent e-mails to everyone - not just those in the contacts list - and as many of those were no replys it was all a bit pointless. It just sends dodgy links which most firewalls reject. However, since then I have had to log in every time to get at my e-mails.

Seriously thinking of closing Yahoo account and going with Gmail or something which is a bit more security conscious.Unless this is a cynical ploy to get everyone to upgrade.

Yes, mine got hacked on June 16. And I just got a spam email from a friend of mine whose account was obviously hacked also. It seems like something is going on now.

Yep. I woke up this morning to emails from people in my address book saying I sent spam. I've had my Yahoo Plus email address for 12 years and never had anything happen until today!

YES!!!!! Last night after I went to bed some sent a mass mail from my account to all my contacts. Change your password and keep on trucking.Thankfully all were sent back undelivered.

Source(s): A picture I took

No, I have not been hacked.

Thank you for asking.

• ksea

it seems a lot, by the questions on here.

people asking what do to about there account.

Yes, this happened to me too. Lame. Spammers are scum.