Does the Samsung Smart Hub have to be default when I turn the tv on?

A normal tv - you turn it on and you're on the last channel you were watching last...

our new tv - it has the last channel in a small screen with other smart hub options, and you press Return to make it full screen.

Is there a setting to bypass this option, and only have smart hub open when I press the button, and not default - every time I turn the tv on...

?

Favorite Answer

You will have to turn it off. Here are the steps: 1.)Menu 2.)Smart features 3.) Auto start 4.) Turn it off

• Thank you so much for answering this. I'm a tech geek and I couldn't figure it out. Was driving me nuts to have to use the stock tv remote ONLY to get out of that every time we turn on the tv

• thum

Samsung Smart Hub

• bosque

Smart Hub

Go to Menu.

Choose Smart Features

Select Auto Start and set it to the "off" setting

Turn off the set with regular remote.

Turn it back on and you should have a full picture.

Click smart hub button when you want to stream etc

Larry B

Source(s): Source: trial and error

Spammers at Samsung thought this was a bright idea. How many people just don't go back and buy another one?

• Dwayne4 years agoReport

Actually, the right way to turn this off is to go to Network. Then switch it ti Wired, from wireless which is the default. NOT the freaking Smart Hub. Assuming you do not have an Ethernet cable into the TV - voila, no more messages.

yes, thank you. I had grown to despise my new 75 inch Samsung because of this clunky, stupid and poorly designed interface. Now that I can bypass it, its like a whole new TV.

Sony

Thank you for asking this! I now like my tv 6 months after buying it!

Thank you! This is the most annoying thing ever! Finally a cure!

After almost two years - yay! Finally.