Kay

I have my first job interview and im nervous!! Any advice?

Tommorow I go in for my first interview and im really nervous.. Like I have heavy breaths and all that D: any tips or stuff I should know?

hi kay, I felt like that too! Trust me as soon as you're there it will be fine. Be yourself, body language is KEY. Do not chew gum, cross your arms as it shows negative body language. Sit with your hands in your lap and don't mess with them. Legs out straight or shoulder width apart. If you don't get the job it's not the end of the world so don't think it all rests on how you compose yourself. Just be yourself, and answer the questions to the best of your ability. oH and smile a lot! Good luck, you'll do fine. Take care :)

Source(s): previous interviews

Be strong. I was nervous when I had my first interview. You have to be strong and confident. That's half the battle in an interview. Politely greet the person interviewing you, and wear formal clothes. Show up a bit early, but not too early that you linger in the waiting room. Keep calm and show a smile. Give and explain your resume but keep it simple. Explain who you are and act friendly. If you are asked any questions, just answer them. Don't act rude or anything. Also, practice what you are going to say, and get a good nights sleep.

• Cheryl

Ok, first you need to know WHY you want the job!! What would make you a good employee . . . for my first real job my boss (who was the president of a college and was trying to intimidate me) asked why he should hire me, since I was so much younger than others with the same qualifications. Try to think of answers that make your young age a good thing! They might ask you what are your best qualities and your worst qualities. What are 3 words that best describe you. Also do some research about the company! My college actually asked some people when the college was founded, who was the first president . . .stuff like that! If it is on their web page . . . you should at least be familiar with it! Also, look everyone in the eye and have a firm handshake. Be confident, but not cocky!

Always be positive about everything and be objective. Use your intuition; say what feels right. Make sure to smile, but smile naturally.

If you're nervous, imagine that the interviewer is a head of lettuce.

Just be yourself, and tell the truth. Trying to be someone or something you're not is the quickest way to blow an interview out of the water.

• Dress professionally, maintain good eye contact, be polite and courteous and reach on time for the interview. Good luck!

Just be yourself and think about it as you getting experience. The worst that can happen is for you to be not selected, nothing more. Finding a job is a job on its own. Be persistant and learn how to apply.*

• Muffin

Wear nice shoes

When you shake their hand do it firmly

Don't be nervous they're like animals and can smell your fear! lol

Be on time (early would be better)

• Red

Smile. Sit up straight. Don't say "um" or "uh" or anything like that.

Be honest. Be polite. Be respectful

• Wes

Nothing to be nervous about, other then the fact that their judging your every move!!!!