Jehovah's witnesses and emotional abuse?

Would you consider what happened to me to be Emotional Abuse or Spiritual Abuse or both When I was quite a bit younger my Mother used the scriptures to manipulate an outcome, I was living outside the Witness and she was afraid I would not survive the impending armageddon Mom to my house to read me a passage... show more Would you consider what happened to me to be Emotional Abuse or Spiritual Abuse or both

When I was quite a bit younger my Mother used the scriptures to manipulate an outcome, I was living outside the Witness and she was afraid I would not survive the impending armageddon

Mom to my house to read me a passage in Revelation where Jehovah sends birds to eat the eyes of those who he had destroyed. Mom said that If I chose to live outside the "Truth" ( Witnesses call their cult "The Truth" ) that was my choice, but my Young child would be killed along with me and If I loved my son I had 2 choices for his future

1. Keep him and condem him to die alongside me

2 Give him over to my sister so that she could raise him as a Witness and thus save him

I love my son more than life its self and I personally was still programmed by the cult to agree with this thinking.

My mom did not give me a 3rd option That one I came up with myself and chose

option 3- Commit suicide so that your son can go and be raised in "The Truth"

It was after recovering from this suicide attempt that I finally was able to start deprogramming from the cult, I knew that I was not going to survive as a Witness.

do you see this situation as gross religious abuse?
Update: Anyone interested in healing from this cult there is help now

http://aawa.co

.