Racism and the Zimmerman trial. How do you feel and why does anyone care?

Despite what you all say, you love racism and you need it. The media keeps giving you more because it sells and it sells well. If there isn't anything particularly racist about a story that's no problem, they can just fabricate something. Racism sells and you are the consumer. People love dichotomies and the good vs. bad of racism is one that will likely stand the test of time. People love picking a side to stand by until their death. It's sort of like a sad version of the rivalries between sports teams. I could see why racism in this country could exist maybe 100 years ago, but now there is no major cause for it. Nonetheless, we keep it alive through the news and through our debates and endless babbling.

All this hubub about something that should have died years ago. It's a color and nothing more. It doesn't make you better than the next person, what makes you a better person is what goes on in your mind, your thoughts, morals, and values. So please, turn off your TV, delete that facebook post, and go live your short life doing something productive and respectable.

Sorry for the rambling and poorly written blob of text above. I had to get that off my chest after months of hearing way too much about an irrelevant trial. Regardless of what side you were on for the Zimmerman trial, you must admit that it was insignificant and a quite silly thing to follow. I'm sorry I spent the time of day writing anything related to that drivel of a "news story". I guess I just wanted to watch the chaos that would ensue, when people started raging about the recently closed case below :).

This wasn't about racism to me. It was more about a young man be killed by a grown man over something that could've been avioded. Some ppl made it about race because Zimmerman did target a young black man saying he looked suspicious. Would it have been different if it was a white boy ?? No one knows .

I was upset with the Casey Anthony verdict just like I'm upset with this one

Not about color it's about loss a young man lost his life. That's not a victory in any way a big man shot him when the. Operator told him to wait until the authorities arrived. He din't he took the law into his own hands. . . sad this ever occurred prayers for both families

• Nancy

I don't do facebook and I don't watch TV. The first I heard of this was when I logged on today. I had a feeling it would turn out like this. I hope people can just heal, namely, the Martin family.

Life goes on.

It made me sad. I would like to say more, but I can't put it into words.

Source(s): I am not racist :)