Seniors, what is the meaning of life ?

and does there really HAVE to be a meaning?

Favorite Answer

sure, spoil the ending of Butterflies of the Night - here it is... part three chapter 22... last page...

A young man undertakes a perilous journey over mountains, through jungles, across oceans, seeking wisdom, enlightenment, and the meaning of life. After several years his search leads him to a wise man, drunk in a Thai pub with Isaan music blaring loud from the stage. “Please sir could you tell me, what is the meaning of life?” He asks.

“Life is fun!” replies the jovial wise man raising his glass in a toast.

“Life is fun?” The young man becomes irate. “I journeyed all the way here, across oceans and over mountains and all you have to say is life is fun!”

The wise man puts down his glass, smiles at the young man and says, “OK then, life isn’t fun.”

life is what you make it, not more or less.

And finally from Lewis Carroll

“IF there’s no meaning in it,” said the King, “That saves a world of trouble, you know, as we needn’t try to find any.”

Sometimes I think that Darwin was right about the survival of the fittest species. I sometimes doubt we are the fittest species but much further along than most on this planet. Scientists have said that 99.9% of the species of our Earth are extinct which includes the dinosaurs as we well know. We may be just in the mix to provide support for the next upcoming species but that may go on for a couple 100,000 years or more before our species meets our demise. I know that sounds rather negative since I am not having a good week and the news of our human world is rather horrid and self destructive..

The meaning of life doesn't have to be difficult to figure out if you have a personal relationship with God our Creator.

He created us to have fellowship with Him (Gen. 3:8). To love Him, honor Him, and serve Him and show the same to our fellow man because of all He has done for us (John 3:16-17).

"Does there really have to be a meaning?" Everything has meaning and purpose unless you (plural) are cold hearted and see no significance to what surrounds you.

• Jodi D

Robert Fulghum quote from " It was on fire when I lay down on it."

I hope you'll go to the site the link leads to and read what Fulghum has to say. I've never heard a better answer to What is the meaning of life?

http://coyoteprime-runningcauseicantfly.blogspot.c...

42 was to be my answer, ku8dos to Lamme and Mizzb.

These explanations do not negate my belief in God!

• Holly

Use your time living it instead of thinking about it. If there is an answer it will come when we need it.

• Tigger

Unconditional love towards everyone and everything, understanding and tolerance help'

• MizzB

This Monty Python song explains the whole thing - http://youtu.be/23Dm7sQ1C1E

Youtube thumbnail

• fcm703

Propagation and perpetuation of species.

• Tracer

To know love and serve G D